• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Coaches Poll Out: Huskers Stay at 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doesn't surprise me. Not enough movement in the top 10. I think NU is probably better than their ranking now, but won't get the benefit of the doubt due to the bad losses on national television.

meh,,,,,14 is probably correct. We could beat some of the teams in front of us and we could easily lose to them as well. If we can win the BIG, we will be in the top 10 headed to the Rose, from there could be interesting to see where this team could finish in final poll? 7 or 8?

meh,,,,,14 is probably correct. We could beat some of the teams in front of us and we could easily lose to them as well. If we can win the BIG, we will be in the top 10 headed to the Rose, from there could be interesting to see where this team could finish in final poll? 7 or 8?

Sounds feasible to me. I would like to see the HUSKERS climb as high as 5th though that may be hard to accomplish. Still a lot of football to be played and while there will be several teams ahead of the HUSKERS that lose, the main thing is for us to keep on winning.

Nebraska is in the right place at 14. Too inconsistent to be a top ten team at this time. Growing up every game and may be there if they win out.

we dropped in the other poll

AP has us tied with Ore State (599 votes), but shows us 17, them 16! ???? If we hadn't played so many rookies in the 4th quarter, etc., we would not have "dropped". AP voters are too busy getting drunk to watch what is going on by the 4th qtr! :stickouttongue: Okla is the only one who deserved to drop! :thumbsdown:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1

BTW, Ore St is 8-2, we are 9-2. Thanks for nothing, you drunks! :puke:

Footnote: In the Coaches Poll, we are 14, Ore St is 17. Get together, you guys! :rolfl:

Last edited:
Don't disagree with your assessment, but the same could be said for almost all of the teams ahead of NU as well, case in point, last nights games.

I think if we win out we make the top ten easy; maybe 5th or 6th. Set up nice for next year's conference champ repeat.

Next weeks game will not help us....except for the fact that it is the only game on tv.....it is a must win...and without style points, we may even drop in both polls. I hope not...we can't move up unless others lose or we win the B1G. The top 10 seems like it will be tough to crack unless we win out. Which we need to do! :Biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back