• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked [BREAKING] Nebraska-Wisconsin to play for the FREEDOM TROPHY

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm okay and like the ideas of rivalry trophies if only I knew 100yrs from now the conference will even exist, at the rate college football is going today's alignment will be a 5yr deal, at that point nobody will care.

Wasn't NU in a CCG just a year or two ago, if I remember correctly?

stooges-eye-poke-o.gif

I'm okay and like the ideas of rivalry trophies if only I knew 100yrs from now the conference will even exist, at the rate college football is going today's alignment will be a 5yr deal, at that point nobody will care.

Big Ten will still be here. It'll have 30 teams but will still be the Big Ten.

We appear to have this strange affinity for honoring things which have little to do with college football in our new Trophy games - Heroes game and now Freedom game. Seems weird to me.

We appear to have this strange affinity for honoring things which have little to do with college football in our new Trophy games - Heroes game and now Freedom game. Seems weird to me.

Well as it explains about the trophy. Camp Randall was a station during the civil war and Memorial Stadium was/is dedicated in honor of the nations Veterans. Both are monuments of those that gave all/some for our freedom.

Well as it explains about the trophy. Camp Randall was a station during the civil war and Memorial Stadium was/is dedicated in honor of the nations Veterans. Both are monuments of those that gave all/some for our freedom.

But to me the fact there is a Camp Randall and a Memorial Stadium (all over the Midwest in fact) is an honor to the men and women in uniform. Trophy is not needed to honor them.

But what's another trophy or two. Don't mind it just don't see the need.

They should serve free drinks in the fourth quarter to give us some freedom

Last edited:

I haven't read this thread nso I don't kjnow what the prevailing attitude has been. Personally I could not care less about all this trophy stuff in the BIG...at least where Nebraska is concerned. These things need history to mean much of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back