• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked [BREAKING] Nebraska-Wisconsin to play for the FREEDOM TROPHY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a better set up for the Alternate Uniforms, What we have had so far are equated with Donkey NUTZ IMHO.

Ugh...Not more "combat" uniforms, please. This weekend was just atrocious.

how about we honor our veterans in once place and play football in another?

Would should change our nick name to the Freedom Huskers for this game and have the N be blue on the helmet.

Last edited:

Did anyone see Purdue? They are black and gold....but put RWB stripes on helmets. Looked completely stupid.

make it stop!

BIG10 and their meaningless trophies.

:facepalm:

Some go back to the 1800's The schools do get excited about them. Look at MN first time in a long time they have the Jug and the Pig at home!

Ugh...Not more "combat" uniforms, please. This weekend was just atrocious.

how about we honor our veterans in once place and play football in another?

I'm all for any/every Vet being honored every day anywhere in this Great land

I'm all for any/every Vet being honored every day anywhere in this Great land

Including these vets from Sydney university showing their freedom

enhanced-buzz-wide-24948-1411021293-9.jpg

hey, remember when trophy games and rivalries sprang organically from the experience of teams playing over and over again? or fan bases and students pulling pranks on one another? or some weird bit of lore and apocryphal stories?

I'm sure I'll watch with more intensity because of the patronizingly patriotic piece of pine and bronze. Basically when conferences and universities do this sort of thing now I basically think they're trying to "Red, White and Blue" wash a ton of corruption, greed and abuse in the system. Our military men and women deserve our respect and thanks, not to be trotted out so a bunch of over paid boys in suits can draft good will off of someone else's sacrifice. How about these research universities do what they're supposed to be good at and bolster research into PTSD, train and support staff to integrate those folks leaving military service as they enter higher education, or, better yet, put some money into hiring a few veterans.... in case someone wondered what I really thought (nobody?... no?.. )

This.

Some go back to the 1800's The schools do get excited about them. Look at MN first time in a long time they have the Jug and the Pig at home!

I agree...these "old" rivalry trophies are quaint, awesome, and have a great origin story.

"Heroes" and "Freedom"......meh! Trite and manufactured and easily forgettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back