• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bob Diaco to be named new Defensive Coordinator

Ha! Got 'em!

67a.gif

Oustanding!

Agree, good to get another area. And I feel like i'm whining but at some point a guy with connections in our radius would be nice. We still have some slots to fill tho so maybe we will.

He was at ND for a few years and Cincy with Brian Kelly.

Not in this era. He is fundamentally involved in recruiting. Nebraska has no need for any coach who isn't a great recruiter.
Certainly he should be involved. But absolutely, positively the most important thing for a coordinator bar far is coaching acumen.

Certainly he should be involved. But absolutely, positively the most important thing for a coordinator bar far is coaching acumen.
No argument here. But the dude has to be able to walk into a living room and close with a hammer. That's why some DCs get a salary of 500K and some demand 1.1M.

Ya know, I still have questions about Riley and none of these hires guarantee anything, of course. But even Riley's biggest doubters should recognize he's being very proactive in making some deft, sure-handed moves in here. It's only a good thing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back