• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any real ideas who we might be looking for to replace DeWitt?

Richard. He's very charismatic

Pretty sure he is a corporal. in her majesty's air force. Maybe a bit of a klepto as well.

Just read on espn that rocky long retired from SDSU. He would be a good guy to bring in as an assistant or even a defensive quality control guy.

Just read on espn that rocky long retired from SDSU. He would be a good guy to bring in as an assistant or even a defensive quality control guy.

I am really bummed about this, he built a great program here. Brady Hoke was solid here starting the turn around before he went to Michigan, hopefully he will be again. Go Aztecs!!!!

C

John Mckay:

“I’ll probably take a little time off and go hide somewhere. We will be back. Maybe not this century, but we will be back and we will be a better football team.”

So if Dawson was the guy, why has it not been announced? He is no longer under contract. Seems it would be easy at this point.

IMO I don't think that bringing back Dawson is the right move. What message does it send to the players who constantly hear how they are not "bought in"? The players have to be "bought in" but the coaches can come and go as they please?

I'm guessing because nothing is official. We're still in the heavy speculation phase of the coaching search.
So I think you missed my point. What we have been told is:
1: Dawson only left UNL because he wanted to secure his retirement.
2. He has been fired from the giants but no longer needs to be in the NFL because he got his pension.
3. He is HCSF primary choice.

If all of that is true than this should be very easy to close the deal It could have been done in just a couple days.

So I think you missed my point. What we have been told is:
1: Dawson only left UNL because he wanted to secure his retirement.
2. He has been fired from the giants but no longer needs to be in the NFL because he got his pension.
3. He is HCSF primary choice.

If all of that is true than this should be very easy to close the deal It could have been done in just a couple days.
My sense is that with this administration, no announcements are made until contracts are signed. Just because he might be Frost's guy doesn't mean negotiations are off the table.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back