• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any real ideas who we might be looking for to replace DeWitt?

I am completely convinced with Austin being named Running Game Coordinator, that there is a another shoe to drop here. Doesn't make sense to me when you're paying your supposed offensive coordinator, who doesn't even call the plays, $700k. Considering the utter lack of development among our wideouts, I got a sneaking suspicion a surprise is coming. Again, just my opinion, but I don't think the shuffle is complete. I would not be shocked if MJ (or another unknown candidate) is our next WR/Passing Game Coordinator. Right now, max earnings with bonus for Joseph is $385K. Lots of opportunity to basically double his salary while getting a bump in responsibility.

Last edited:

I am completely convinced with Austin being named Running Game Coordinator, that there is a another shoe to drop here. Doesn't make sense to me when you're paying your supposed offensive coordinator, who doesn't even call the plays, $700k. Considering the utter lack of development among our wideouts, I got a sneaking suspicion a surprise is coming. Again, just my opinion, but I don't think the shuffle is complete. I would not be shocked if MJ (or another unknown candidate) is our next WR/Passing Game Coordinator. Right now, max earnings with bonus for Joseph is $385K. Lots of opportunity to basically double his salary while getting a bump in responsibility.

I agree with you that another shoe is about to drop, but I'm guessing it won't be Mickey. I'm thinking Helfrich or Lubick are probably the better bets there especially now since Brady left LSU. I'm anxious to see how this all shakes out.

I am happy though that we seem to be evaluating areas that struggled. Jovan is probably a good dude, and his medical condition didn't help his cause, but his groups were awful. Walters was once a top assistant, but his groups have struggled as well. I'm glad we are making some changes and aren't repeating recent history.

I agree with you that another shoe is about to drop, but I'm guessing it won't be Mickey. I'm thinking Helfrich or Lubick are probably the better bets there especially now since Brady left LSU. I'm anxious to see how this all shakes out.

I am happy though that we seem to be evaluating areas that struggled. Jovan is probably a good dude, and his medical condition didn't help his cause, but his groups were awful. Walters was once a top assistant, but his groups have struggled as well. I'm glad we are making some changes and aren't repeating recent history.
You're probably right about it being Helfrich (who as an analyst, can still be passing game coordinator) or Lubick. But I just can't see Walters staying after having the run game portion of his coordinator position give to someone else. To me, it looks like a full-time position will be available, which opens up a lot of opportunities. This is going to be fascinating to watch.

You're probably right about it being Helfrich (who as an analyst, can still be passing game coordinator) or Lubick. But I just can't see Walters staying after having the run game portion of his coordinator position give to someone else. To me, it looks like a full-time position will be available, which opens up a lot of opportunities. This is going to be fascinating to watch.

Keep up, pal. :p EDIT: Sorry, thought I could be rude to a stranger, can't really do that without provocation. It's crazy how quick things develop anymore.

Last edited:

Keep up, pal. :p EDIT: Sorry, thought I could be rude to a stranger, can't really do that without provocation. It's crazy how quick things develop anymore.

What's very telling is the fact they offered him co-offensive coordinator position which obviously would handle the passing game coordinator responsibilities. This tells me Walters is gone, unless of course Sipple is the only person on the planet who knows the real truth.

Last edited:
I'm am vindicated

You nailed it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back