• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 * WR Dez Fitzpatrick chooses Louisville (his dad responds to NU fans on twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMERICAN ATHLETIC - EAST
Boston College
Clemson
Florida State
Louisville
NC State
Syracuse
Wake Forest

BIG TEN - WEST
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin

Meh, Clemson and FSU are hard to match (within the division, not the conference), but there is more strength top to bottom in the B1G West. Nebraska also has a far more likely path to the conference championship game. Louisville's best team in history could still finish third in that division.

The kid likes Louisville better. Fine. Don't make up completely weak excuses to justify going with the weaker program in the weaker conference with the weaker coaching staff.

Especially when the biggest ACTUAL reason that the young man wants to go to Louisville is that they will tailor the offense to him (supposedly) and only require that he learn one position. Nebraska coaches were more than willing to do the former, but were candid in the latter when they explained he would have to learn all three receiver positions because the offense would not be distilled to make it easier for one athlete.

Wow the American Athletic conference is loaded! ;)

A lesson for recruits and their parents: if you don't want negative drama on social media then don't turn your announcement into a three ring circus. Just a dumb fan offering my two cents.

agree.

Establish criteria for the school you want to play at. Measure all potential schools against those criteria. Don't commit, until you are ready to commit.

Not only that, but KJ jr has also visited USC like twice as many times as nebraska. He's been to Clemson I think 3 times. He gets around as his family has the ability to take unofficials. I am not saying that he won't be a Husker, but saying he's been here 5 times is not much when he has also been to his other top 5 schools a lot too. The kid is a good WR though, he'd be a huge get, not even for anything about his name. He is a big frame and a good player.
Are you joking? He lives near USC and his Dad played there, of course he'll visit them a lot. Clemson too? Well, that's what playing for the NC gets you. You didn't mention anywhere else he's been multiple times, so that's likely just BS. Who's the outlier here? USC-Dad's school, the NC runner-up, or 6-7 bad weather, corn field Nebraska? IT IS MUCH that this kid and his buddies are paying so much attention to our program...whether they ultimately commit to us or not. Get some perspective.

I'm not reading this damn thread. It sucks to lose a guy you've been recruiting your ass off, for, to a school who just flew in a few weeks before signing day. It's just kind of a s----y thing to do on the kids part. I don't blame Clemson for trying.

I have no problem losing a kid to another school who's been recruiting him just as hard as you have. Trust me, I would have never let my son pull this garbage. My opinion of this guy went in the trash can. Good luck.

Last edited:
I'm not reading this damn thread. It sucks to lose a guy you've been recruiting your ass off, for, to a school who just flew in a few weeks before signing day. It's just kind of a s----y thing to do on the kids part. I don't blame Clemson for trying.

I have no problem losing a kid to another school who's been recruiting him just as hard as you have. Trust me, I would have never let my son pull this garbage. My opinion of this guy went in the trash can. Good luck.

The kid liked their pitch better. Sorry but why is it S****Y, on the kid? Clemson made a better sell and he decided to buy in to what they were selling over what NU was selling.

Edit: For the record you are writing this on the wrong thread.

Last edited:

The kid liked their pitch better. Sorry but why is it S****Y, on the kid? Clemson made a better sell and he decided to buy in to what they were selling over what NU was selling.
It's a character thing. It is what it is. If Clemson had been recruiting him for a year, I've got no problem. The kid just crapped all over the schools whom put in hard, honest work, for quite some time, over a school who just came calling in the last hour. Whatever. I hope his ass never sees the field. He is their plan B. If my son did that, I'd be very dissapointed.

Last edited:

And besides, for all you know, he may have liked Clemson for a long time, or, he wanted to get out of the mid west, lots of reasons for this and it was his decision in the end, not ours on a message board.

Agree with you on this one.
(also, I thought I clicked on the Dez thread.... LOL...)

Last edited:

We've all seen your multiple posts about closing or, more specifically, MR's lack of closing ability. I saw your post in another thread where you said you are in the snow removal business. Have you ever been in sales?

It's a character thing. It is what it is. If Clemson had been recruiting him for a year, I've got no problem. The kid just crapped all over the schools whom put in hard, honest work, for quite some time, over a school who just came calling in the last hour. Whatever. I hope his ass never sees the field. He is their plan B. If my son did that, I'd be very dissapointed.

So...Engelhaupt is even worse then, because he flipped to a better option for himself last minute? Simmons wasn't committed anywhere. Clemson came along and he fell in love with that opportunity.

That kid owes NU nothing. Especially doesn't OWE them simply because we recruited him longer. He sat down with Riley, heard what he had to say was open to listening to his pitch. Clemson offered and he did the same thing with Dabo... Dabo (or Venables) pitch to him was the better one in his eyes and he went in that direction.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Husker In Oklahoma

Some one seriously needs to take a :chillpill: Pill.... It was never our decision or more specifically, yours. I personally hope he has a great career, it shows that our coaches saw a good thing. He was surely not "obligated" to pick Nebraska because we recruited him heavily, jeez man...

That kid owes NU nothing. Especially doesn't OWE them simply because we recruited him longer. He sat down with Riley, heard what he had to say was open to listening to his pitch. Clemson offered and he did the same thing with Dabo... Dabo (or Venables) pitch to him was the better one in his eyes and he went in that direction.

You beat me to it. Bottom line is, he chose Clemson and we got Lamar, this isn't a bad deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back