• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 * WR Dez Fitzpatrick chooses Louisville (his dad responds to NU fans on twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

So... the thread was a rather unpleasant read. :Biggrin:

Anyone care to allege what improprieties took place or are we just saying "Petrino, enough said".... I only noticed that as the speculation. Agreed, from my rational, bias perspective it seems like things didn't play out as Husker fans would have liked.

But using my thinking and rational thought and trying to apply them to some kids to a kids decision sets me up for being discontent..

Also, @coachFitz needs to change is profile so he isn't advertising himself based on his sons future fame. Be a Dad not a fan.

It seems like Dez is a good kid and his dad is invested in his future. I doubt either would have ok'd the reversal over some kind is seedy dealings. Let's just chalk this one up to a kid falling back in love with the school he originally committed to.

Ill just say this
Lets dont pretend as fans that we know all of the behind the scenes discussions and actions. Just because some expert on rivals said so doesnt mean its true. Just because your research comes up with a conclusion doesnt means its true. Unless you are the recruiter or hc or player or family or an actual fly on the wall.....speculation is not fact.
Good luck to dez and his family. I have my suspicions on things but noone on this board is qualified to know yhe whole story. I dont care how many secret connections you think you have or how mant times youve read over some fancy pm. Give it a rest

You don't get to shut down other people who want to come here and speculate and offer their opinions and predictions about what a particular recruit is going to do. The vast majority of the readers here appreciate the insights of people who do have connections to the program and who have proven to be more right than not over the years. If you don't like that, then maybe you should stop coming to the recruiting board.

I'm disappointed about Dez's decision too. It sure seems as though something happened in the eleventh hour. I hope the young man goes on to a great career. Unfortunately, history has shown that counting on Petrino to follow through on a.commitment is a risky proposition at best. College football would be much better off without his kind. I.realize I'm not breaking any new ground here but just wanted to add my .02.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From the newspaper - Greg Fitzpatrick concedes his son was silent commit, lays out reason for flip to Louisville. <a href="https://t.co/RQ0FfPRadS">pic.twitter.com/RQ0FfPRadS</a></p>&mdash; Samuel McKewon (@swmckewonOWH) <a href="https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/694607582548217856">February 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From the newspaper - Greg Fitzpatrick concedes his son was silent commit, lays out reason for flip to Louisville. <a href="https://t.co/RQ0FfPRadS">pic.twitter.com/RQ0FfPRadS</a></p>— Samuel McKewon (@swmckewonOWH) <a href="https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/694607582548217856">February 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Did he also outline why he let a few jerks make him insult an entire state?

Best of Luck to everyone - enjoy the atlantic division

reading that article "...weather, distance, weaker division & not playing Alabama" - all seem reminiscent of the Wedding Singer - things that could've been brought to my attention YESTERDAY

This is going to sound a little like sour grapes. It's not. I'd take Dez in this class in a hot minute. That said, if the Fitzgerald patriarch is going to helicopter his way through Dez's college years, it might be a bullet dodged.

If he had honored the "silent" commitment despite misgivings, he'd have one foot out the door. A dicey freshman campaign, and I think he'd transfer faster than you can say Jordan Stevenson.

I'm betting the* playing Alabama thing " won't be such a great experience for the Cardinals

There are those that might think playing Oregon and Ohio State in the 'shoe might be pretty cool, but to each his own. It reminds me of guys who used to get all caught up in the 'trips' some schools had to play in tournaments. All you'd hear on recruiting trips was, 'and we're going to Hawaii', which was nice, but when it came time to ask how many conference championships, or trips to the national tournament they had, things got kind of quiet. And looking on some websites trying to look at Louisville's schedule, I couldn't find anything on ESPN, and another site only lists next year which has FSU and Clemson, but none particularly exciting beyond that.

I find it funny that they only play Alabama once and he is making a 4 year decision for college based on one game. I'll just leave it at that lol.

There are those that might think playing Oregon and Ohio State in the 'shoe might be pretty cool, but to each his own. It reminds me of guys who used to get all caught up in the 'trips' some schools had to play in tournaments. All you'd hear on recruiting trips was, 'and we're going to Hawaii', which was nice, but when it came time to ask how many conference championships, or trips to the national tournament they had, things got kind of quiet. And looking on some websites trying to look at Louisville's schedule, I couldn't find anything on ESPN, and another site only lists next year which has FSU and Clemson, but none particularly exciting beyond that.

LOL I did the same. wouldn't it be funny if Ala decided to buy out of the game. :rolfl:

Best of Luck to everyone - enjoy the atlantic division

reading that article "...weather, distance, weaker division & not playing Alabama" - all seem reminiscent of the Wedding Singer - things that could've been brought to my attention YESTERDAY

That weaker division thing always surprises me. First off, wasn't Iowa nearly in the playoff from the weaker division? And isn't it still that weak division champ that has a shot at playing for a possible playoff birth in the B1G championship game? Just kind of odd sounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back