• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* TE Chase Loftin Has Finalized Three Official Visits; Nebraska Will Get The Final One

The Panhandle and Tallahassee/Jacksonville are humid as he'll

I have been to N.O. a few times and it's right up their too

The culture in that area of FL is different too it's a lot different than going to Notre Dame

I like Tallahassee though
My last year of firefighting (2019) before I retired I took a 4 person RX (Prescribed Fire) Module to Florida....in July.......we were instead assigned to a wildfire and not a prescribed fire. Average WX for the 14 days was around 95 degrees with 85% humidity. We had a "minute of work, 2 minutes of vehicle AC" work schedule. No kidding, for every minute (only up to 15 tops) we worked in that heat/humidity, we spent 2 in the pickup with the AC cranked. I will say, the last 4-5 days we were a bit acclimated and did a "2 minute work, 1 minute AC" work schedule. But it was tough. Feels like you are broiling from the inside - out.

My last year of firefighting (2019) before I retired I took a 4 person RX (Prescribed Fire) Module to Florida....in July.......we were instead assigned to a wildfire and not a prescribed fire. Average WX for the 14 days was around 95 degrees with 85% humidity. We had a "minute of work, 2 minutes of vehicle AC" work schedule. No kidding, for every minute (only up to 15 tops) we worked in that heat/humidity, we spent 2 in the pickup with the AC cranked. I will say, the last 4-5 days we were a bit acclimated and did a "2 minute work, 1 minute AC" work schedule. But it was tough. Feels like you are broiling from the inside - out.

We had a big house in Panama City

In the middle of the summer I would mow the front yard and drink a gallon of water before the back for mowed

We live live a mike or two from the Gulf

There are always kids who are going to want to leave Nebraska: Girls. Beaches. Academics. Tik Tok trends. Greek scene. Mountains. Big city. Whatever.

Most serious football players are only going to focus on football and if Rhule can start winning we'll be able to keep those guys.

But there's always going to be seventeen year olds who will want something that Nebraska doesn't offer, even if it just a tiebreaker. Tough recruiting loss but not the end of the world.

Last edited:
I was just in Destin/Miramar a couple weeks ago - most beautiful beach in the country imo
Wife and I got married in Destin, Henderson State Park Beach, to be exact and we love the area. Navarre and Panama City Beach are all finalists for new home when I retire in 8 years. Beaches are the BEST in the US.

There are always kids who are going to want to leave Nebraska: Girls. Beaches. Academics. Tik Tok trends. Greek scene. Mountains. Big city. Whatever.

Most serious football players are only going to focus on football and if Rhule can start winning we'll be able to keep those guys.

But there's always going to be seventeen year olds who will want something that Nebraska doesn't offer, even if it just a tiebreaker. Tough recruiting loss but not the end of the world.
The 26 kid is said to be as good already. No worries, be your name and chase your dreams Young man

Wife and I got married in Destin, Henderson State Park Beach, to be exact and we love the area. Navarre and Panama City Beach are all finalists for new home when I retire in 8 years. Beaches are the BEST in the US.
Yep - I'm retiring to either Orange Beach/Perdido (on the AL/FL line) or Miramar Beach area. We had a traumatic experience about 6-8 years ago in Miramar so my wife may not want to live there because she still has bad memories from it.

Either way our TE room is deep
I disagree.
6 scholarship players … 2 of whom are not freshmen
9 total players, including walk-ons, 6 of whom are freshmen.

Not a lot of experience aside from Fidone whom can’t stay healthy and Boerchicher who’s more of a WR than TE.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back