• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* TE Chase Loftin Has Finalized Three Official Visits; Nebraska Will Get The Final One

iu

I'm not so sure I agree with the "it's not a big loss" sentiment. No matter how you cut it, missing out on a 4* player from Nebraska is a big loss. We won 5 games last season - we don't have the luxury of missing out any in-state player who is good, especially a 4* talent. 2/3 of the last TEs we took are either going to turn into OTs or be blocking TEs. We aren't at the point yet to where we can say "it's not a big loss" or "no big deal." Loftin is a mismatch…hence why someone like FSU would come all the way up to Omaha. Oh well- on to the next

Last edited:

I'm not so sure I agree with the "it's not a big loss" sentiment. No matter how you cut it, missing out on a 4* player from Nebraska is a big loss. We won 5 games last season - we don't have the luxury of missing out any in-state player who is good, especially a 4* talent. 2/3 of the last TEs we took are either going to turn into OTs or be blocking TEs. We aren't at the point yet to where we can say "it's not a big loss" or "no big deal." Loftin is a mismatch…hence why someone like FSU would come all the way up to Omaha.
He doesn't check the box like Bell did for fsu last year imo. Likely have different uses for him. I just really don't think he was that into Nebraska other than location and maybe liking the coaches.
We need to develop kids wanting to be here and again imo, its likely too late to do that here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back