• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star JUCO WR Omar Manning is N! (On Campus)

im not trying to be a downer here, but lets look at his #1 wr ranking for a second, for some perspective.... ask ourselves, what is he being compared to ?? what are #2, #3, and #4 wr like ? who has offered them. ? I mean, if they dont have any better offers than SMU, Utah St and San Jose St, then we need to ask ourselves how good this #1 ranking is.

All Im saying is lets not make this kid out to be the savior,---- lets not put "WanDale" like expectations on him, or us as fans. We had way too many "saviors" come into our program, that turned out to be descent players, even solid players within 2 years, but still not even 3rd team all conference. All the same, I hope this kid can be as good as WanDale, JD or Stanley Morgan. GBR

im not trying to be a downer here, but lets look at his #1 wr ranking for a second, for some perspective.... ask ourselves, what is he being compared to ?? what are #2, #3, and #4 wr like ? who has offered them. ? I mean, if they dont have any better offers than SMU, Utah St and San Jose St, then we need to ask ourselves how good this #1 ranking is.

All Im saying is lets not make this kid out to be the savior,---- lets not put "WanDale" like expectations on him, or us as fans. We had way too many "saviors" come into our program, that turned out to be descent players, even solid players within 2 years, but still not even 3rd team all conference. All the same, I hope this kid can be as good as WanDale, JD or Stanley Morgan. GBR
Who has said that Omar Manning is the savior? The team was in desperate need of a big target and they got one. Would you be less pleased if they didn't get his commitment? If not, this is a really solid pick up by this coaching staff. He is merely a piece of the puzzle, but an important one nonetheless

Last edited:

i wouldn't worry too much about "other offers" with JUCO guys. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but i don't think the top programs like bama, OSU, georgia, etc make a big habit of going after jucos. They get the 4 and 5 star HS receivers.

If the experts think this guy is a top get and if the staff made him a priority then I'm going to assume he's a serious talent. I'm leary of JUCOs to begin with but this is one they needed.

He was a 4 star coming out of high school

He is the real deal

You do realize the schools that were interested in him right?

i wouldn't worry too much about "other offers" with JUCO guys. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but i don't think the top programs like bama, OSU, georgia, etc make a big habit of going after jucos. They get the 4 and 5 star HS receivers.

If the experts think this guy is a top get and if the staff made him a priority then I'm going to assume he's a serious talent. I'm leary of JUCOs to begin with but this is one they needed.

Like I said above he was a 4 star coming out of high school and he has thus far lived up to that ranking

Very good news.

It sounds like he still has some academic hurdles, but we have been pretty successful under Frost in getting those types over the academic finish line.

I'm confused here. We can't be excited about Omar Manning's commitment because the #2-5 ranked JuCo WR's may not have worthy scholarship offers? If so, let's take a look at the #1-5 ranked JuCo WR's according to 247.

Committed school in bold with additional offers
  1. Omar Manning (Kilgord JC) - Nebraska, Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Texas A&M, + 10 more
  2. Malik Heath (Copiah-Lincoln CC) - Miss St, Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, Georgia, + 7 more
  3. Danny Gray (Blinn College) - TCU, Auburn, Baylor, Houston, Florida State, + 14 more
  4. Kundarrius Taylor (Copiah-Lincoln CC) - Memphis, Oklahoma, Miss St, Tennessee
  5. Norval Black (Lackawanna CC) - Penn State
Seems like the top JuCo 1-5 WR have decent offers..

Absolutely agree. The proof will be in the pudding.

I'm confused here. We can't be excited about Omar Manning's commitment because the #2-5 ranked JuCo WR's may not have worthy scholarship offers? If so, let's take a look at the #1-5 ranked JuCo WR's according to 247.

Committed school in bold with additional offers
  1. Omar Manning (Kilgord JC) - Nebraska, Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Texas A&M, + 10 more
  2. Malik Heath (Copiah-Lincoln CC) - Miss St, Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, Georgia, + 7 more
  3. Danny Gray (Blinn College) - TCU, Auburn, Baylor, Houston, Florida State, + 14 more
  4. Kundarrius Taylor (Copiah-Lincoln CC) - Memphis, Oklahoma, Miss St, Tennessee
  5. Norval Black (Lackawanna CC) - Penn State
Seems like the top JuCo 1-5 WR have decent offers..

those offers pretty much render my post incorrect. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back