• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* RB Rahmir Johnson is N!

Dcc82ZMU8AAGy1T.jpg:large

I feel most nervous that the cupboard is thin at OL and DT. Maybe we have the raw talent now but certainly under developed last season
Agreed. I am much more concerned about those blocking for Rahmir than I am about his speed. If he has to break three tackles just to get to the line of scrimmage, it really doesn't matter what kind of speed he has.

Agreed. I am much more concerned about those blocking for Rahmir than I am about his speed. If he has to break three tackles just to get to the line of scrimmage, it really doesn't matter what kind of speed he has.
Bingo. We got to make some daylight for Rahmir and some read time for our QBs.

In March of 2017, Johnson's then high school coach, Nunzio Campanile, told NJ.com that Johnson was "probably the fastest player to ever play at Bergen Catholic."

Yup I posted that quote in a tweet earlier in the thread.

In March of 2017, Johnson's then high school coach, Nunzio Campanile, told NJ.com that Johnson was "probably the fastest player to ever play at Bergen Catholic."

For people who don't know, the parochial schools in NJ are monsters when it comes to sports, specifically basketball and football. And Bergen Catholic is one of the top schools in the state. Johnson has been playing with and against top competition as long as he has been there.

I guess that’s dependent on how you want to measure speed. 3 yard acceleration through a hole, 5 yard burst past LBs, or 10 yards at top speed in the open field, all of those can be greater measures than a straight line 40 time.

On film, he looks like the quickest and fastest. We still don’t have a dominant OL yet, so I’ll take quickness over pure track speed. 4.62 is still fast if electronically timed

Surely no one coached him to do that, you can't coach speed. Still don't know why we have track coaches
You can help someone who has natural speed get a little faster and to maximize the speed he was born with. You can coach good form which helps make someone faster who is already fast....do enough workouts that help produce enough lactic acid and that person can recover faster and keep running fast. The workouts that he does to run the races that he does on the track will help him be strong at the end of games, too.

40 times always matter except when they don't
My post mentioned 3 times, none of which were the 40. I guess I don't get your issue here.

"He ran the 20-yard shuttle in 3.95 seconds, the three-cone drill in 6.79 seconds and the 60-yard shuttle in 11.18 seconds at the comebine. Each was fastest among all the tailbacks"
For a guy lacking speed, he sure is fast compared to, you know, other NFL running backs.

In any case, we got a highly sought after RB who Frost thinks is fast enough for this offense. My gut tells me to go with 13-0 guy here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back