• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* RB Rahmir Johnson is N!

4.54 electronic timed 40 is plenty fast. Plus, he's taken .25 off of his 100m time since last year. That could easily translate to an extra .1 off the .40.

He is super quick and explosive, but he doesn't have great top end speed.
Here’s the right answer. Ameer got up to top end so quick which is what made him fast. He could out run most any defender that first 10 yards, his top end just wasn’t the highest. It’s why McShay quoted shuttle times to promote him at the combine for the NFL.

All that said, this guy jumping 22 feet, under 22 in the 200, and 10.7s in the 100 to go with his 4.5 electronic 40 is plenty fast for a junior in high school that will only get faster.

Unless you are a lineman trying to put on a ton of weight any way possible so you can play first year, that first year in college will yield results quickly for getting faster. You finally aren’t dependent on fast food for fuel and get a training table to go along with finally concentrating on one sport.

Last edited:

4.54 electronic timed 40 is plenty fast. Plus, he's taken .25 off of his 100m time since last year. That could easily translate to an extra .1 off the .40.

Surely no one coached him to do that, you can't coach speed. Still don't know why we have track coaches

I usually find that people who say never are always wrong. Hopefully, Rhamir lacks the speed Ameer did.

"Abdullah, at 5-foot-9 and 205 pounds, is a sensible replacement for Reggie Bush in Detroit. He was considered one of the speediest tailbacks in this draft. ESPN's Todd McShay included him among the year's three most explosive players in space.
He ran the 20-yard shuttle in 3.95 seconds, the three-cone drill in 6.79 seconds and the 60-yard shuttle in 11.18 seconds at the comebine. Each was fastest among all the tailbacks"

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/05/nebraska_rb_ameer_abdullah_sel.html

40 times always matter except when they don't

Surely no one coached him to do that, you can't coach speed. Still don't know why we have track coaches

I ran the 100 and 220 and was a RB and a lead off man in baseball. My speed came God given natural however, I would disagree that you coaching does not make a kid faster. Yeah maybe only a nano second but I can attest that coaching made me a better sprinter etc. and helped me win races or games that I may not have had a coach not worked with me to hone what I had.

I guess I do not understand why you had to come into this thread MAC and make the argument you did and are still doing. Very few if anyone agrees with you (writers, coaches or posters) and there must be a reason for that.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back