• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* RB Rahmir Johnson is N!

I ran the 100 and 220 and was a RB and a lead off man in baseball. My speed came God given natural however, I would disagree that you coaching does not make a kid faster. Yeah maybe only a nano second but I can attest that coaching made me a better sprinter etc. and helped me win races or games that I may not have had a coach not worked with me to hone what I had.

I guess I do not understand why you had to come into this thread MAC and make the argument you did and are still doing. Very few if anyone agrees with you (writers, coaches or posters) and there must be a reason for that.
Was he serious? I thought it was sarcasm. These days, it's getting harder and harder to tell.

I'm amazed how many posts in this thread in some way questioned this kids speed, based on a 40 time from last year. Bottom line, he's going to come in and be one of the five or so fastest players on the team.

This is what I call the EOD. (end of discussion).

I'm amazed how many posts in this thread in some way questioned this kids speed, based on a 40 time from last year. Bottom line, he's going to come in and be one of the five or so fastest players on the team.
For the record I was not basing my opinion on his 40 time. Those can be misleading. I was commenting that on a couple plays he seemed to get caught from behind. Like I said though. I did like that he seemed to move as fast laterally as he did N/S.

I think it is easier to develop O lineman, but great running backs generally already made
Milt Tenopir might be rolling in his grave right now with this statement.
I don't think there is anything easy about developing (great) O-linemen.
Not only do you need the physical gift of a large frame but there is weight training, muscle training, setting and releasing off the line of scrimmage, block technique run, block technique pass, which way to go and who to block off each play in the playbook, and especially synchronizing your play with the other hogs on the O-Line. There are very few O-Linemen out there that are great and stupid. It's both a very physical and very mental position on the field to master. THERE IS NOTHING EASY ABOUT DEVELOPING A GREAT O-LINEMAN.....THE BAD ONES ARE EASY TO DEVELOP INTO BAD ONES.
I was never an O-linemen, but the very limited time I was playing RB (way back when and not at the collegiate level), I really appreciated those guys making a crease for me to punch it in straight ahead. My job was easy. Their job was not.

Last edited:

Was he serious? I thought it was sarcasm. These days, it's getting harder and harder to tell.

If you were able to sort every post I've made regarding 40 times it becomes pretty easy to know if I was serious. I was hoping his 40 would be in the 4.6s, but 4.54 at least kept him out of the "OMG he runs a 4.4" range. Watching his film and knowing the competition level I'm not sure why anyone would care. 40 times, 100, 200, last leg of relay, quotes from coaches........we are recruiting the fastest athletes on the planet and don't you dare try to claim otherwise. It's only a matter of time before a girlfriend takes to twitter to claim her boyfriend just beat Usain Bolt in a foot race. I just hope we get a few football players along the way to go with our track team.

If you were able to sort every post I've made regarding 40 times it becomes pretty easy to know if I was serious. I was hoping his 40 would be in the 4.6s, but 4.54 at least kept him out of the "OMG he runs a 4.4" range. Watching his film and knowing the competition level I'm not sure why anyone would care. 40 times, 100, 200, last leg of relay, quotes from coaches........we are recruiting the fastest athletes on the planet and don't you dare try to claim otherwise. It's only a matter of time before a girlfriend takes to twitter to claim her boyfriend just beat Usain Bolt in a foot race. I just hope we get a few football players along the way to go with our track team.
That track team down in central Florida had a pretty good year.

That track team down in central Florida had a pretty good year.
\

That may have something to do with the coaching staff developing and exploiting their football skills. There tends to be an obsession over 40 times, Rahmir Johnson is plenty fast to excel at Nebraska while posting a 40 time that is somewhere around a little better than average for his position. Borderline irrelevant.

\

That may have something to do with the coaching staff developing and exploiting their football skills. There tends to be an obsession over 40 times, Rahmir Johnson is plenty fast to excel at Nebraska while posting a 40 time that is somewhere around a little better than average for his position. Borderline irrelevant.

4.54 if electrically timed...is at the top of the real 40 times for HS players. This 4.4 40 non-sense on every ones recruiting profile is suspect at best.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back