• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2nd spring game in the works?

That game was a guaranteed sellout from the get-go, it could have been sold out within a few days without the controversy. The AD screwed the pooch, but I'm glad he recognized it and is working to fix it.
I keep hearing from you he screwed up. What did he screw up? So continuing to sell out Memorial Stadium for next years game is a screw up too?

I'm really hoping the fans and administration don't get too carried away with their desire to see what this team is doing and for attention from these coaches. When I see suggestions that we do Saturday practices all over the state and such it concerns me. Spring practice has a purpose. We need Scott Frost to dedicate his full attention to making this team better and giving him the privacy they need. Turning it into a traveling circus does not work into that equation. Good publicity? I could care less. It seems like we have plenty of "feel-good" publicity. WE need SF to concentrate on football and only football. Even another open practice will distract from what they have to get done.

I have been saying this for a long time. Moos needs to insulate SF from the distractions of the fans, donors and media and let him concentrate on football only. Fans need to let them do it and stop whining because they didn't get their ticket to a televised spring game.

I'm really hoping the fans and administration don't get too carried away with their desire to see what this team is doing and for attention from these coaches. When I see suggestions that we do Saturday practices all over the state and such it concerns me. Spring practice has a purpose. We need Scott Frost to dedicate his full attention to making this team better and giving him the privacy they need. Turning it into a traveling circus does not work into that equation. Good publicity? I could care less. It seems like we have plenty of "feel-good" publicity. WE need SF to concentrate on football and only football. Even another open practice will distract from what they have to get done.

I have been saying this for a long time. Moos needs to insulate SF from the distractions of the fans, donors and media and let him concentrate on football only. Fans need to let them do it and stop whining because they didn't get their ticket to a televised spring game.

What if they cancelled the spring game? I heard a lot of complaining when they date was changed. What if they just cancelled it to limit distractions? Would the whining of people with exclusive access to buy and resell tickets hold more validity?

He upset a lot of fans unnecessarily...enough, that he felt he had to do something to make up for it.

BS.

If Smoker (for example) couldn't have bought tickets for his family and friends who haven't been to a Spring Game just so some other fans could buy them and get to go don't you think Skunk would have been upset. There would have been upset fans no matter what was done. You can't please everybody when something like this happens.

As far as screwing the pooch; the pooch happens to be his bosses so he accomplished what was expected of him which was making the university money and accomplishing a sellout at the same time.

So you couldn't get tickets...wah wah wah.

Last edited:

I believe the Lot of 20 for season ticket holders has been set for quite some time. Guarantee the pitchforks would be coming out if they changed the rules right at the last minute. Give Moos a break for goddsake. Some people just have to complain about something. Same people will still be complaining when we win the National title in a few years. ... "We could have easily scored more points.....yada yada".

For everything? I hate scalpers just as much as the next person but that isn't something that is going to be solved at the Lincoln, Nebraska level. That's a national issue.
There was recently a concert my buddy got some tickets too. Jack White possibly?? I am not sure who, but stubhub was taken out of the equation so that real fans could afford to go and see the show. I am not sure at which level this was done. This is all hear say anyway, I am not sure it actually happened. But it is really ridiculous to have to pay 200% more because some giant tycoon that saw a way to make a buck and capitalized on it. I was planning on taking my daughter, who really just wants to go and get a balloon and release more than she wants to watch any football. But maybe next year.

There was recently a concert my buddy got some tickets too. Jack White possibly?? I am not sure who, but stubhub was taken out of the equation so that real fans could afford to go and see the show. I am not sure at which level this was done. This is all hear say anyway, I am not sure it actually happened. But it is really ridiculous to have to pay 200% more because some giant tycoon that saw a way to make a buck and capitalized on it. I was planning on taking my daughter, who really just wants to go and get a balloon and release more than she wants to watch any football. But maybe next year.

Heck, maybe they hold a 2nd 'spring game' the week prior so the rest of folks who want to go can and bring the kiddo's...that...by default would screw over the scalpers as the premier has now taken place..;)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back