• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2nd spring game in the works?

Memorial is the only large stadium in the state. UNK's only seats ~5200. Omaha metro venues are all under 10K as I understand it. An open practice would overwhelm these places. And taking the HUSKER 18 wheeler out with all the equipment would not be cheap, but would be good PR.

Hey, I will be in Paris 1st week of April:thumbsup:
April_in_paris_-_title.jpg

If screwing up is selling out your spring game in 27 hours I hope he screws up for years to come. I mean, they’ve done it this way before, but since tickets sold too fast this time it’s a screw up?
That game was a guaranteed sellout from the get-go, it could have been sold out within a few days without the controversy. The AD screwed the pooch, but I'm glad he recognized it and is working to fix it.

Yeah how dare them to sell out in less than 2 days!
Come on Skunk, I'm not begrudging anyone for getting tickets through the method that the University used. But that game was a slam dunk sellout. I'm just saying that they clearly received enough negative feedback to know they screwed up and need to do something to kinda sorta try to fix it.

Last edited:
Fascinating stuff. We have some big venues in DC - c'mon out.

Boy, the first play that is really screwed up because half the team doesn't know where to go will really be shocking to the sold out stadium. A rebuild is really tough. I'm not sure this is the year to do a second spring scrimmage to which the public is invited.

Fascinating stuff. We have some big venues in DC - c'mon out.

Boy, the first play that is really screwed up because half the team doesn't know where to go will really be shocking to the sold out stadium. A rebuild is really tough. I'm not sure this is the year to do a second spring scrimmage to which the public is invited.

I'm not sure I could be less concerned about something than I am the bold.

1. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.
2. There's a very real possibility that next year's spring game won't be a sellout. This year's demand for tickets was part of the Frost Phenomenon that most likely will dissipate some after a full season.

Nailed both points. I’m not crazy about satiating the temporary demand to see the Huskers practice, but that’s just me.

predicting future demand becomes somewhat dicey. It’s an inexact science...

Last edited:
Maybe they should give the “ticket brokers” first crack at the tickets and cut out the middle man. Limit of 20k tickets of course.

:Stirthepot:

Speaking of ridiculous prices, has anyone checked out TicketExpress? Their prices range from $99-$875. An awful lot of blocks of 20 in their selection as well. Makes one wonder how many season ticket accounts these scalpers errr brokers have?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back