• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 Nebraska Women's Soccer

belewfripp

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
Anyone else following the women's soccer team? They're doing pretty well this season - 3-1-2 in the BIG, 9-2-3 overall. And Forward Eleanor Dale is currently leading the nation in goal's scored with 19. I try to to align my yearly trip to NE to see volleyball, football and soccer and watched them draw Wisconsin in September. We have a very physical team that plays the ball in the air quite a bit. I felt they should have made the NCAA tounrament last year after late wins against Penn State and Ohio State last year, but this year they seem to have an even better chance.

The Women's Soccer team is continuing to roll - currently tied for 2nd in the Big 10 and ranked 25th in the polls, 21st in RPI. Two matches left to play, and both against cellar dwellers, gives them an excellent shot at a great seed in the Big 10 tournament and an outside chance at taking home the regular season title. PSU has a 1 point lead but plays two very strong teams in Indiana and Wisconsin (both ranked) to close the year.

Eleanor Dale continues to lead the nation in goals scored with 21 in 16 matches - for those who don't follow soccer, that's a lot of frickin' goals - and Florence Belzile is 4th in assists with 11. This team could make some noise in the NCAA tournament.

Last edited:
2-0 win last night against Purdue. Currently tied for 2nd with one match to play.

Top 8 teams qualify for the conference tournament. We just a win or draw at Illinois to host first round game. Semis and Finals at Ohio State.

1697811128204.png

"The #25 Nebraska soccer team claimed a share of the 2023 Big Ten Conference title, as the Huskers defeated Illinois by 4-2 decision to cap off an outstanding regular season. Finishing with a 7-1-2 record in league play, NU notches its fifth regular-season title in program history and 11th combined championship, which includes six conference tournament titles."

"Up next, the Huskers host a Big Ten Tournament quarterfinal match on Sunday, Oct. 29. Tickets for the match will go on sale Wednesday, Oct. 25 at 10 a.m. (CT)".

Last edited:

Looks very cold but victory over OSU warms the heart. Wis or Rut next. Another great weekend for Husker sports.

Iowa upsets #1 seed Michigan State. The Hawkeyes now get #4 seed Penn State.

#2 Nebraska gets #3 seed Wisconsin. The Badgers beat Rutgers in a shootout.

Game will be on Thursday from Columbus on regular BTN. BTN schedule shows game 1 starting at 5 pm Eastern, game 2 (ours) to follow around 7:30 pm Eastern.

Iowa upsets #1 seed Michigan State. The Hawkeyes now get #4 seed Penn State.

#2 Nebraska gets #3 seed Wisconsin. The Badgers beat Rutgers in a shootout.

Game will be on Thursday from Columbus on regular BTN. BTN schedule shows game 1 starting at 5 pm Eastern, game 2 (ours) to follow around 7:30 pm Eastern.
Looks like mid 40s temp & no precip. Light wind.

It is that time of year when I need to put a second TV in the living room next to the main one.
My computer and TV are both in the living room and I have two monitors so in extreme cases I can run 2 games on the PC and one on the TV.
Looks like mid 40s temp & no precip. Light wind.
We played to a draw with Wisconsin in the regular season. Kind of a disappointing game, I was in town that week and went, we had the lead all the way to the final three minutes and then gave up the equalizer right at the end. Hopefully this time works out in our favor.

My computer and TV are both in the living room and I have two monitors so in extreme cases I can run 2 games on the PC and one on the TV.

We've had two TVs and two IPads going at the same time before :wow:...
my wife is an Iowa grad who also likes sports, so we frequently want to be watching different teams.

Match has kicked off. About 10 minutes in. Playing at the Columbus Crew stadium. Plenty of seats available.

On BTN.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back