• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 MLB Thread

I do have to hand it to the Twins, though. They've become a much better hitting team in the second half. Royce Lewis looks like a soon-to-be All Star. And their pitching is solid. 6th in the Majors in Team ERA.

For much of the season, I thought they were going to be a laughable winner of that lowly division. I think they've improved significantly since the All-Star break. 7th overall in MLB in winning percentage in the second half. I won't call them a favorite in the post season, but they could be sneaky dangerous.

I called that well. Let's see what they do against Houston. I won't be surprised if the Twins win that series.

I hope like hell they take out the Astros.

I do also. In fact, if the Phillies end up losing the series to Atlanta, I'll adopt the Twins (if they are still alive).

They had the most consecutive playoff losses of any team in North American sports history. 18, IIRC. That seems statistically impossible. To finally break that curse has them feeling confident. I love a good underdog story.

"Adopt the twins." :Lol:

Last edited:
I do also. In fact, if the Phillies end up losing the series to Atlanta, I'll adopt the Twins (if they are still alive).

They had the most consecutive playoff losses of any team in North American sports history. 18, IIRC. That seems statistically impossible. To finally break that curse has them feeling confident. I love a good underdog story.

"Adopt the twins." :Lol:
18 straight losses in baseball, is crazy. Law of averages. I mean, even the lowly Royals could take 2/3 from a team like the Braves in the regular season. it just happens. Lol

Ill take a Twins/Braves World Series. The Braves owe them from 1991, one of the better WS I’ve ever seen.

18 straight losses in baseball, is crazy. Law of averages. I mean, even the lowly Royals could take 2/3 from a team like the Braves in the regular season. it just happens. Lol

Ill take a Twins/Braves World Series. The Braves owe them from 1991, one of the better WS I’ve ever seen.

The '91 series was absolutely one of the best (if not the best).

I watched one of the games in the UNL student union (I was a student at the time).

Braves reeling in Game 3. This is the last place you want to be down, but there's a lot of baseball left and their offense is the most capable of putting up crooked numbers.

Phils are such a good team, and they have a great feel to them. They feel like a team from Philadelphia should feel.

I have to host clients at the NLCS and now the NLDS next week. I will be rooting hard for Philly to beat AZ. Shocked to see the Dodgers get swept.

Everything seems to be lining up for the Phillies. They have so many players who have been in these situations and are red hot. If they keep slugging like this, they will be going into the World Series with a fresh bullpen.

The stat that the top 5 teams in the regular season record-wise have won a combined 1 game amazes me.

I just think the kind of team you need to win the regular season is so different from the kind of team you need to win in the post season.

At this point in time I will cheer for anyone but the Astros!

The stat that the top 5 teams in the regular season record-wise have won a combined 1 game amazes me.

I just think the kind of team you need to win the regular season is so different from the kind of team you need to win in the post season.

At this point in time I will cheer for anyone but the Astros!
The Braves were not coming in to the postseason playing very good baseball and their starting pitching was pretty banged up. I wish they would have put up more of a fight, but the Phillies beat them at their own game. The Dodgers being swept out by the DBacks was a complete shock that I don't think anyone saw coming.

I can't see myself cheering for the Phillies, mostly because I don't care for Harper, so I am pulling for the Rangers. The things I want to say about the Astros would result in me getting a vacation from the forum.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back