• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

20,000 fan limit

I dont understand why anyone would be surprised by this. It's an obvious idea. Husker Hunter started a thread on it about 6 weeks ago. And something like a month ago the Pres. Of the University mentioned it. I've been assuming they will go this way. Will be surprised if they don't.

I was thinking 1/3 capacity would be the minimum, but I've still got a lot of questions as to how this is accomplished.

Who gets tickets? How is seating arranged? Six feet doesn't sound like a long way until you've sat in Memorial Stadium.

Irrelevant to the conversation.

Please stay on topic.

Nebraska football and how to conduct live games this fall.

Seems relevant to me- I think the point was this a very serious problem.

I don't see how ANY team is going to be able to have fans in stadiums without a (proven) vaccine- unless they are ok with thousands of potential infections. You can do the math on when that might happen.

Right this very moment lawyers all over the country are figuring out ways to limit liability for situations like fall Saturdays with full stadiums. Count on it.

Last edited:
Can you imagine what those tickets will go for at places like StubHub? :thumbsup:

Make-more-ticket-sales.jpg

Doubtful. NU fans haven’t paid big bucks for tix in decades.

I was thinking 1/3 capacity would be the minimum, but I've still got a lot of questions as to how this is accomplished.

Who gets tickets? How is seating arranged? Six feet doesn't sound like a long way until you've sat in Memorial Stadium.
If I was doing it I would divide 90,000 by 7 home games or by 3.5 home games and let season ticket holders by tickets to 1 or 2 home games, depending on how many could be allowed as calculated by the social distancing algorithm. Then each season ticket holder can buy those tickets. Games assigned by lottery.

Last edited:
Pure speculation here....I hope that any university waits for a bit more time. We are only 2 months out from all hell breaking loose and the further we can put this pandemic into the rearview mirror the more "open" things will become. If some school now says that 20-25 thousand is the limit for games then that may become the threshold everyone else will concur with. Next month, 40 thousand will become plausible, 2 months 60 thousand seems prudent for opening day. Us humans, Americans in particular, have poor memory and the further away from a traumatic incident the less cautious we become.

I predict full attendance by opening weekend.

I am less concerned about the number of fans than I would be a player following guidelines to stay healthy. These are the same kids who get DUIs, smoke weed and break the rules. One kid can screw it all up for the whole team now.

How did OSU come up with 20k fans when they seat 100k+?

Seems relevant to me- I think the point was this a very serious problem.

I don't see how ANY team is going to be able to have fans in stadiums without a (proven) vaccine- unless they are ok with thousands of potential infections. You can do the math on when that might happen.

Right this very moment lawyers all over the country are figuring out ways to limit liability for situations like fall Saturdays with full stadiums. Count on it.

How US Universities and Colleges are handling this issue is what's relevant.

Brazil's handling is not.

If I was doing it I would divide 90,000 by 7 home games or by 3.5 home games and let season ticket holders by tickets to 1 or 2 home games, depending on how many could be allowed as calculated by the social distancing algorithm. Then each season ticket holder can buy those tickets. Games assigned by lottery.

Seems logical.

My guess is the fat cats will get to see them all and the rest of the season ticket holders will be allowed to buy tickets to select games.

Regardless of how it's done, we'll have a group or groups that feel left out.

Seems logical.

My guess is the fat cats will get to see them all and the rest of the season ticket holders will be allowed to buy tickets to select games.

Regardless of how it's done, we'll have a group or groups that feel left out.
Maybe I'm more naive than you but I would be stunned if they favored the fat cats that way. It would serve them right if the rest never renewed.

Remember the fat cat sections will have to be social distances just like everywhere else.

Also, if Nebraska does do it this way it is probably because most or all other schools are too; i.e., it's the standard or preferred approach.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm more naive than you but I would be stunned if they favored the fat cats that way. It would serve them right if the rest never renewed.

Remember the fat cat sections will have to be social distances just like everywhere else.

Maybe you're just more trusting than I.

I don't know. I just think if a big donor who drops well over $100,000 on the box then has to pay $1,500 a seat for the game tickets....they're likely to get a longer look on availability and people turning a blind eye to more folks in a booth than should be. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyone following the devastation/ deaths going on in Brazil because their government is essentially ignoring and denying the threat of the virus? It is not good.

Like I said no politics on the open forum

Thread ban and Warning.

RR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back