• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

20,000 fan limit

If only a % of ticketholders are "allowed" to attend some early games will this increase the tailgating activity near Memorial Stadium for those ticketholders that aren't allowed in the stadium? Tailgating areas are virtually full already, so this could get interesting !

Moos says we lose $27 million with only 20k fans. That doesn’t seem too bad to me? It would pack the bars in Lincoln. Wonder what happens with Champions Club?
Bars are limited to half the capacity.......just as Champions club would be. For many bars that rely on the annual income from home games it will close them down. Some of the Haymarket bars are close to doing that anyway under the present restrictions. Losing the fall game days will be the final nail in the coffin. Happening all over the country.

If only a % of ticketholders are "allowed" to attend some early games will this increase the tailgating activity near Memorial Stadium for those ticketholders that aren't allowed in the stadium? Tailgating areas are virtually full already, so this could get interesting !
Wouldn't increase tailgating if rules are being enforced. As it stands most tailgaters would have to reduce their participation by at least 50%. At present the rules are no more than 10 persons and maintaining 6 foot. Huskermax tailgate would be limited to 10 people if enforced.

In 2019, it cost $26.9 million for NU to participate in beach volleyball, rifle, bowling, baseball, golf, wrestling, swim & dive, tennis, softball, soccer, gymnastics, cross country and track and field

Even baseball?

Reduced capacity in the stadiums, along with some other measures, are just ideas being thrown around at this point. There would be no such thing as social distancing. Gates would be a choke point, restrooms, concession stands, etc... I don't know what the solution is but it seems like it'd be an "all in or all out" scenario. I'm leaning towards mandatory face masks if anything.

The first ones in are the mega donors, then the donors who will contribute at least $10,000 per year, each year; then the players, their families and high school coaches; then, veterans and their families; then the students and last, the "blue hairs."

DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, NU'S "HOME SELLOUT STREAK" REMAINS INTACT BECAUSE 20/21 YEARS HAVE TO HAVE AN ASTERISK BY THEIR NAME, DUE TO COVID-19.

Play ball. Ask for bailout like everyone else. What’s another few billion. Play ball.

Yes, tickets have been paid for. I suspect they will ask everyone to keep that “donation” this year whether you go or not. I doubt NU will give money back.

The first ones in are the mega donors, then the donors who will contribute at least $10,000 per year, each year; then the players, their families and high school coaches; then, veterans and their families; then the students and last, the "blue hairs."
and Frost will donate all Scott's salary. Yeah right.

Furthermore, bounced checks ...... Pay to the order of Michael J. Riley (megabucks buyout)

Last edited:

If only losing 27 million doesn’t seem bad, then I hang out with a much different crowd apparently......:Cheers:

I was in Omaha last week and they said football revenue was $12 per home game. The U is in the black and can afford losses more than other schools. NU rakes in money with donations, tickets, merchandising.

Well......
On Tuesday morning, Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard wrote to fans, saying that current guidelines by state and local officials have limited the amount of fans that can be at Cyclone home games in 2020. Pollard said that Jack Trice Stadium — which has a capacity of 61,500 — will be limited to just 30,000 fans in 2020.

So... if this stadium lets in 30k and UNL only lets in 20k..... something isn’t adding up..

I sure hope moose and the powers that be come up with something relatively soon so we can figure this out....

GBR

I was in Omaha last week and they said football revenue was $12 per home game. The U is in the black and can afford losses more than other schools. NU rakes in money with donations, tickets, merchandising.

While UNL can “afford” more of a loss than some others, 27 million is obviously substantial. And if it is indeed such... will resonate for years..

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back