• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

“Worst Coaching Job Ever!”

Honest question to anyone who knows: I did not follow UCF close enough to know. Did UCF have any hint of a lack of discipline and poor fundamentals like this team has had the past 4 years?

I wouldn't think they'd have looked like they did against Auburn at the end of the year if they had struggles with basic fundamentals of football. It blows my mind to think of the chasm between the undefeated UCF team and what we've witnessed with the Huskers since Frost's arrival. I'm not saying it was any better under Riley, but things definitely have not improved.
I see plenty of references to UCF's 2017 win over Auburn when I would argue that Auburn was a down beaten team at that point who completely took UCF for granted because they lost the week before to Georgia (got smoked actually). I get it, UCF beat the SEC titan, but they won by a touchdown against a bunch of guys who didn't even want to be there. That's not Frost's or UCF's fault, but lets call a spade a spade here. UCF caught lightning in a bottle and had one of the more remarkable seasons in history, but a LOT of things fell into place for that to happen. Hindsight is always 20/20 as we know, but I think maybe SF gets a little more credit than he deserves for that turnaround. I think we are seeing evidence of that now.

The bottom line is, this ain't working.

Last edited:
Arguably one of the biggest mistakes he's ever made (at least for the success of the football program). I get it that money talks, but I'm still waiting for NU to be competitive in football in the Big Ten a decade later.
Crikey, would you rather be entagled in the mess that is the Big XII - IV + II - II???

Last edited:

Arguably one of the biggest mistakes he's ever made (at least for the success of the football program). I get it that money talks, but I'm still waiting for NU to be competitive in football in the Big Ten a decade later.
If we have a solid coaching staff and athletic dept, it shouldn't matter what conference you play in. The move to the B1G, especially in hindsight, was a great move for the school. You can't blame the move for sucking as badly as we have. It starts and ends with the decision makers and funnels right down to the staff and development.

Last edited:

In my head I gave Scott a pass the last few years with all the excuses he came up with about culture and blah blah blah. It’s not any of that, it’s on him at this point.
And yes I have heard some rumors as well however the offense looks no different in year 4 as it did the first couple of years. It’s not like NU was running like a well oiled machine under Scott and now all of a sudden it’s breaking down.

Play calling is still an issue, as it has always been, under HCSF.

When you are tied with 30 seconds before half and your QB has missed at least 3 wide open WR's, do you still try to get points on the board? Someone called that play that resulted in a strip sack TD.

I said his pedigree, not his coaching experience. As a coach, he did turn an 0-12 team into a 13-0 team with a signature win against an SEC team in two years.
See here again, we turned a "blind eye" to the background of his "big turnaround".

Here is the real perspective of UCF's record over time:
2009:8-5
2010:11-3
2011:5-7
2012:10-4
2013:12-1
2014:9-4 AAC Conference champion
2015:0-12

All of these years were under George O'leary and had the controversy of the death of a player at practice (2008), recruiting violations (2011), NCAA probation (2012), and biggest Bowl upset by pregame Vegas margin (2014 Baylor 52-42 victory with Bortles at QB: he then graduated and went to NFL).

So Frost's "turnaround" was of a program that had been used to winning, in conference that is not as vicious as the Big Ten or SEC.

And as I said, I still wanted him to come to DONU, I that he would work out.

The honest look at the numbers say that he has had 4 losing seasons in five years as a HC.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back