• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"Why would he say no?"

A lot of talk about financial security, but he is currently paid about 2 Million per year. That should secure his financial future. I asked my wife what she would say and her response whatever makes you happy. BUT, she hates cold and snow, so even if she says that, I have a good idea of her true feelings.

Above post is inaccurate. The opposite is true.

On good authority, Frost has a "Home by 5 rule" (obviously not implying Frost or his coaches are at home at 5 during the season), but the culture is there.
lol at the implication that Frost has been a coordinator at a P5 school and HC at FBS school, but is wanting to avoid long work days.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKWAAAAJDljM2RmMGE4LWE4NzktNDYwMi1hOTQxLWJhYjcyZDllOGQyMw.jpg

That's the question I got from an FSU fan I work with today regarding Scott Frost's potential employment by the University of Nebraska. "Why?"

Like most competitive people, Frost is driven. He wants to win. He wants to improve himself, his family's position in life and be the best at what he does. I get it. I was it. Different business, but similar choice.

Why would he say no?

I have to step back twenty years when I had an opportunity to step into the 'big time' in my business. I owned and operated my own business. Was successful in that my family didn't want or need anything I couldn't provide. I enjoyed what I did, had many repeat clients and was able to spend time with my wife and kids. I had hobbies I enjoyed on occasion. Then came an offer from a large, multi billion dollar firm to take a step up in every single way as it relates to what I do. More money, bigger, more complex projects, bigger bonuses, etc. The position included travel, but as an Air Force brat, that didn't concern me in the least. I will tell people who ask to this day that I struggled with the decision, but that's BS. I knew I what I wanted to do the minute the offer was in my hand. I talked to the wife and as is typical for my wife she said 'Whatever you think is best, I'll support'. Sealed the deal. Had I chosen to decline the offer, kept my company and just kept doing what I'd done for more than a decade, I'd not have missed my kids growing up. I wouldn't have spent months at a time away from my wife, my parents, my siblings. I got what I agreed to, that's for sure. I built some great buildings and worked on some very difficult projects that checked all the boxes I'd secretly longed for. I guess you could say I reached the pinnacle of what I do for a living, but at what cost? Family pictures for years that don't include me. Two decades of life lived in a temporary condition. New cities living in apartments, hotels, trips home when they could be fit in. I left a perfectly acceptable and comfortable life for more...and I made a mistake. If I could hit the reset button and go back twenty years, I'd say 'Thanks for the offer, but no.'

Like I said, different business, but there is more to life than just reaching the top. Frost is a smart man and now he's a dad as well. I'm guessing he'll be looking at all of it a little harder than most of us think. There are reasons beyond UCF's status in the football world to say no. I can think of a few I should have thought more about back in the day.

Well stated.....and if he is grounded and family oriented as he appears, it is a great reason to say no.

There he can't really go anywhere but up. As younknow recruiting is going to be way easier there. Last but not least he already walks on water.

If he doesn't come I can' say I wouldn't understand. I would.

1 more contract is all Frost would have to work to set up his family and kids family for life. If UCF can provide that type of
financial future, he might stay. Otherwise work for 5-7 years and get out. Urban with all his success walked away, so anyone could if they wanted.

Ummmm, isn't Urban still working?

I've honestly reached the point where I'll just be happy when this over..............

MR is canned and someone is hired.....

That's the question I got from an FSU fan I work with today regarding Scott Frost's potential employment by the University of Nebraska. "Why?"

Like most competitive people, Frost is driven. He wants to win. He wants to improve himself, his family's position in life and be the best at what he does. I get it. I was it. Different business, but similar choice.

Why would he say no?

I have to step back twenty years when I had an opportunity to step into the 'big time' in my business. I owned and operated my own business. Was successful in that my family didn't want or need anything I couldn't provide. I enjoyed what I did, had many repeat clients and was able to spend time with my wife and kids. I had hobbies I enjoyed on occasion. Then came an offer from a large, multi billion dollar firm to take a step up in every single way as it relates to what I do. More money, bigger, more complex projects, bigger bonuses, etc. The position included travel, but as an Air Force brat, that didn't concern me in the least. I will tell people who ask to this day that I struggled with the decision, but that's BS. I knew I what I wanted to do the minute the offer was in my hand. I talked to the wife and as is typical for my wife she said 'Whatever you think is best, I'll support'. Sealed the deal. Had I chosen to decline the offer, kept my company and just kept doing what I'd done for more than a decade, I'd not have missed my kids growing up. I wouldn't have spent months at a time away from my wife, my parents, my siblings. I got what I agreed to, that's for sure. I built some great buildings and worked on some very difficult projects that checked all the boxes I'd secretly longed for. I guess you could say I reached the pinnacle of what I do for a living, but at what cost? Family pictures for years that don't include me. Two decades of life lived in a temporary condition. New cities living in apartments, hotels, trips home when they could be fit in. I left a perfectly acceptable and comfortable life for more...and I made a mistake. If I could hit the reset button and go back twenty years, I'd say 'Thanks for the offer, but no.'

Like I said, different business, but there is more to life than just reaching the top. Frost is a smart man and now he's a dad as well. I'm guessing he'll be looking at all of it a little harder than most of us think. There are reasons beyond UCF's status in the football world to say no. I can think of a few I should have thought more about back in the day.
I don't see a lot of similarities.

1) Frost signs on the dotted line and if it doesn't work, he could retire in a few years and have all the time with family he every wanted.

2) This isn't just an opportunity for him, but for his assistant coaches too. He holds back the careers of a dozen other guys if he says no.

3) This job brings him closer to his family, not further.

4) He knows Tom Osborne first hand and his mentor isn't exactly someone who gave up family for football at NU.

Last edited:

Well stated.....and if he is grounded and family oriented as he appears, it is a great reason to say no.

There he can't really go anywhere but up. As younknow recruiting is going to be way easier there. Last but not least he already walks on water.

If he doesn't come I can' say I wouldn't understand. I would.
If he’s as family oriented as some suggest, then being close to extended family is a huge bonus...not a detriment. His wife being alone without close friends and family seems far less “family friendly” IMO.

I don't see a lot of similarities.

1) Frost signs on the dotted line and if it doesn't work, he could retire in a few years and have all the time with family he every wanted.

2) This isn't just an opportunity for him, but for his assistant coaches too. He holds back the careers of a dozen other guys if he says no.

3) This job brings him closer to his family, not further.

4) He knows Tom Osborne first hand and his mentor isn't exactly someone who gave up family for football at NU.
#2 is an interesting point.

listen...frost may or may not take the NU job. But he is NOT stayimg at UCF long term.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back