• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Barfknecht quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

OPHusker

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
From his article on the Big 10 Title game:

Recruiting: Nebraska had better put its work boots on and tie them high and tight. Wisconsin and Michigan State aren't going away. Michigan is on the rebound fast. Ohio State will be right back for a run at the top, too. All those teams are loaded with top-flight young talent. The Huskers, it seems, not so much.

I can't image who has been saying they are going away, that Michigan won't rebound and that OSU will not be top shelf. Seems like he is stating the obvious; oh wait it's Barfknecht. Never mind.

I can't image who has been saying they are going away, that Michigan won't rebound and that OSU will not be top shelf. Seems like he is stating the obvious; oh wait it's Barfknecht. Never mind.

The important part of the quote was "All those teams are loaded with top-flight young talent. The Huskers, it seems, not so much." Not much to debate there.

Agreed as to your comments, just a reminder that the Huskers are not the only "young" team which so many want to hang their hats on as to future success its gonna be competitive

I'm thinking his comment about the talent level was meant to be the provocative part.

I don't know I'd say it's more youth and inexperience than talent necessarily. I see a lot of young talent on our roster that maybe hasn't shown in games yet.

Ndamukong Suh didn't do much on our 2007 defense, not because he lacked talent but because of his youth, inexperience, and poor coaching/schemes.

Last edited:
I think we are loaded with top young talent. Bo has been stockpiling well and playing some young kids who are exciting. Hope to see more of them in the bowl game.

We've got more young talent in the mix than anytime this past decade. Not sure what rosters pencil-neck is looking at.

Last edited:

We've got more young talent in the mix than anytime this past decade. Not sure what rosters pencil-neck is looking at.

That's certainly what we HOPE. But there aren't more than a couple guys on the defensive side of the ball that you can say we've seen on the field and have a high degree of confidence that they can become all-conference type players. Green showed progress this year...who else that remains on defense that we've SEEN PLAY gives you a warm fuzzy feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back