• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ATH J.D. Crisp - N

Ever notice that our recruits are all-world when they commit, and we can't even remember their name when they decommit?

:Taunt:

Seriously though, I think DONU needs to give up recruiting the southern states. Those players aren't going to stick around when mom and dad have to travel 10-12 hours to their nearest home game. That ship sailed a good while back.
Cam, Riley and Princewell say hello

Seriously I get your point but I disagree if the recruit get emotionally attached to Huskers. JD apparently never visited so just how serious was he?

Ever notice that our recruits are all-world when they commit, and we can't even remember their name when they decommit?

Seriously though, I think DONU needs to give up recruiting the southern states. Those players aren't going to stick around when mom and dad have to travel 10-12 hours to their nearest home game. That ship sailed a good while back.

On the commit/decommit end of things, yeah, we've got some folks that think everyone we sign is a rock star to be sure. We've also got some that downgrade anyone we sign, so I take all of it with a grain of salt.

I disagree on the recruiting the South piece.

We really need to continue to establish relationships and re-build a history of recruiting Texas and the South so High School staffs don't consider us an outlier for their players. Some of our most important players from the past came from Southern states. I do think it's very important to recruit and sign the kids who're really interested and from the history with JD, I'm not sure that was the case here. Likely just enamored with the staff and his first D1 offer....until he wasn't.

On the commit/decommit end of things, yeah, we've got some folks that think everyone we sign is a rock star to be sure. We've also got some that downgrade anyone we sign, so I take all of it with a grain of salt.

I disagree on the recruiting the South piece.

We really need to continue to establish relationships and re-build a history of recruiting Texas and the South so High School staffs don't consider us an outlier for their players. Some of our most important players from the past came from Southern states. I do think it's very important to recruit and sign the kids who're really interested and from the history with JD, I'm not sure that was the case here. Likely just enamored with the staff and his first D1 offer....until he wasn't.
There is a "little" something to the southern recruiting and homesickness, but Texas is quite a bit different IMO. Southern Florida is more of a challenge, but can still work in the right circumstances. We still need to get most of our skill players, cornerbacks and safeties from the south.

With 6 other Texas guys still committed I'm not sure one decommitting is a sign we're wasting time in Texas.

There is a "little" something to the southern recruiting and homesickness, but Texas is quite a bit different IMO. Southern Florida is more of a challenge, but can still work in the right circumstances. We still need to get most of our skill players, cornerbacks and safeties from the south.
Yes we got a good one from Bradenton, FL once. Tommy someone? :)

Yes we got a good one from Bradenton, FL once. Tommy someone? :)

We were one of the only big programs running an option attack, and he was an option QB.

Different deal. We need to build our roster with folks that will stick. 500 mile radius max.

Last edited:

Did you have glowing remarks for ex-girlfriends immediately after they left you?

Comparing player location met head long by staff and supposedly assume its the same.
First, there's always attrition, I suspect lower under this staff than any we've had since TO.
Second, per capita. Our we liable to lose more Texas kids? Likely. Only because we're recruiting a lot more of them.
Now back to the TO comparison. This staff has recruited a whole lot of Nebraska kids. Always a problem with past staffs since, you guessed it, TO.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back