• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ATH J.D. Crisp - N

Despite the fact we have empirical evidence to the contrary?

Where's the evidence? What difference makers on our roster from Texas have we had, after the conference switch? And I'm not saying categorically there are not any, only that our energies would be better spent elsewhere.

Where's the evidence? What difference makers on our roster from Texas have we had, after the conference switch? And I'm not saying categorically there are not any, only that our energies would be better spent elsewhere.
Squatchsker already posted it.

And you seem to forget that Texas was ignored for quite some time before Rhule's arrival, so I'd ask you, what recent evidence do you have to counter his argument? All we have is the past to project for the future and there is evidence that we can recruit and retain Texas players.

Last edited:

Squatchsker already posted it.

And you seem to forget that Texas was ignored for quite some time before Rhule's arrival, so I'd ask you, what evidence do you to counter the names listed?

Several of those names are before the conference switch. Several were contributors. This isn't a black or white issue; I am only stating that Texas isn't going to be a fruitful recruiting ground further. It's common sense.

Last edited:
Several of those names are before the conference switch. Several were contributors. This isn't a black or white issue; I am only stating that Texas isn't going to be a fruitful recruiting ground further. It's common sense.
It's really not common sense. It is the most fruitful area of the country (along with FLA and TX) and there is more than enough talent to poach players from Texas. This is a goofy argument based on zero evidence.

The number of new recruits over the last two cycles tells us we can recruit in the state...and at a high level. Time will tell our hit rates, but I'm more than comfortable hitting Texas hard.

Last edited:
In 2009, before the conference switch, we had 20 Texans on the roster. In 2
It's really not common sense. It is the most fruitful area of the country (along with FLA and TX) and there is more than enough talent to poach players from Texas. This is a goofy argument based on zero evidence.

The number of new recruits over the last two cycles tells us we can recruit in the state...and at a high level. Time will tell our hit rates, but I'm more than comfortable hitting Texas hard.
Hey if it works, I'm down for it. But I would still like to know: Since the conference switch 12 years ago, how many Texans have come to Nebraska and played all four years? I'm going to guess 6-8 in total, but I'll do some digging.

Last edited:

Hey if it works, I'm down for it. But I would still like to know: Since the conference switch 12 years ago, how many Texans have come to Nebraska and played all four years? I'm going to guess 6-8 in total, but I'll do some digging.
First, ask yourself how many Texas kids we went after.

VERY few.

Times have changed. There is a different coach who is highly respected in the state and has a tremendous amount of influence. What Frost or Riley did has no bearing on what Rhule is creating, nor should that factor into his overall recruiting strategy.

Last edited:

Ask yourself why under Bo no or hardly any from Okie? Many thought Bo wouldn't recruit there.
And, Lincoln to Dallas is about as far as Seattle to just entering Cali.
300 plus to Fresno from the Cali border, or over 900 in total, over 1100 to LA

First, ask yourself how many Texas kids we went after.

VERY few.

Times have changed. There is a different coach who is highly respected in the state and has a tremendous amount of influence. What Frost or Riley did has no bearing on what Rhule is creating, nor should that factor into his overall recruiting strategy.

So I went back to 2014. Seniors before that were recruited to the Big 12. Eleven total Texans on our roster that played all the way through.

Hey if Matt Rhule can make it work, he'll be the first one of our Big 10 coaches to do so, and I hope he does.

Ask yourself why under Bo no or hardly any from Okie? Many thought Bo wouldn't recruit there.
And, Lincoln to Dallas is about as far as Seattle to just entering Cali.
300 plus to Fresno from the Cali border, or over 900 in total, over 1100 to LA

Much of it has to do with your conference footprint. If we were playing games in OK and TX, we would definitely have some recruiting grounds there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back