• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhule reportedly turned us down. Update: Well Maybe Not

I can't speak for HWM but from my conversations with him he is not one of those "bitter little people" that thought NU would not hire a top coach due to going cheap. If negotiations stalled and it looked like Rhule would not be hired, confirmed by Rhule himself, and HWM expressed that concern citing a source, that does not make him what you say. It is like this odd need to own HWM, weird.

Again I ask, can you please point me to where I can find his original post that you find objectionable so I can read exactly what he said? Thanks in advance.

C
You haven't read what you're defending? Lmao.

If Rhule gets us to that point, Nebraska will be the high profile team he is already working for, and he will be able to, at that point, dictate his salary. I'd say if another school comes knocking, he leverages the offer for a contract extension and bump, and stays put, unless it is PSU or some other attainable grail-type school he might harbor a special hankering for. Or, the fishbowl and fan base has burned him out, lol.
I yearn for the day when someone wants to hire our coach away.

I suspect both the Riley and Kelly moves were motivated by conference re-alignment (in Kelly's case, ND's unwilling to join a major conf.)

In Rhule's case, if he wins here, he's in a major conference, he's winning, I don't know where else he would want to go. If he's returned relavence to NU would he bolt for Penn State if given the opportunity, especially if he's gotten NU to a level on par with the Nittany Lions?

I understand the arguement that if other teams want to hire Rhule away from NU that means we're being successful but we have to at least prefer this be a long term deal. If Rhule is consistently winning 9-11 games a year, do we really want to go through this process again to find someone to fill those shoes?

Bottom line, I want Rhule to be successful here and I want him to retire here and I hope he wants the same thing.
The only “process” I want to avoid going through is the process of losing. The process of hiring a new coach caused me no anxiety. So far it hasn’t cost me any additional money. I experienced no special concerns about it. I watched with somewhat detached interest, ready to support the new coach, whoever he was because basically I trusted ADTA to conduct a detailed search and hire a good coach.

Last edited:
I suspect both the Riley and Kelly moves were motivated by conference re-alignment (in Kelly's case, ND's unwilling to join a major conf.)

In Rhule's case, if he wins here, he's in a major conference, he's winning, I don't know where else he would want to go. If he's returned relavence to NU would he bolt for Penn State if given the opportunity, especially if he's gotten NU to a level on par with the Nittany Lions?

I understand the arguement that if other teams want to hire Rhule away from NU that means we're being successful but we have to at least prefer this be a long term deal. If Rhule is consistently winning 9-11 games a year, do we really want to go through this process again to find someone to fill those shoes?

Bottom line, I want Rhule to be successful here and I want him to retire here and I hope he wants the same thing.
I do think he will be a candidate for PSU if/when Franklin leaves but he's been at multiple places including the NFL ... I hope if PSU opens that he is successful at NU and the decision making process leaves NU fans with some angst ... having said that lets hope we have to worry about that in 3, 4 or 5 years. I do know this if tOSU ever opens up ... Fickel will take that job if offered ... thats almost certainly guarenteed.

You haven't read what you're defending? Lmao.

I am sure I read it but there are a lot of posts flying around the last few weeks and since it went from cheap to Rhule turned us down I wanted to go back and verify exactly what he said but could not find it in this thread.

This is what I was initially responding to which is more than enough info for what I posted.

I love all the "we're going cheap"people. Now it's "we're over paying".

Still waiting on those sources @HuskerWeatherman that you have that said we're going cheap.

So are you able to say it was or was not in this thread and do you remember what thread it was in if not this one? You have yet to answer a single question I have asked and instead just reply with snark. I am sorry you feel the need to own HWM.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back