• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Corcoran

Mickey might get fined or reprimanded for his chest bump on Corcoran. That said, it’s nice to see some fire from an O-lineman. He should be more cognizant not to get a second personal foul and kicked out of the game, though.

I’m sure he has learned his lesson and will grow from it.

None of what he did is necessary to win games. You can have an attitude and an edge without being dumb. I don't think I have ever seen a player break the "2 strikes and you're out" rule on two consecutive plays.
but this particular big ugly is really big, he can be taught.

A few things:
1. The first penalty he got didn't look like he did anything... I think they messed up on the number.
2. The second penalty was aggressive, but you can find that same behavior on a lot of plays from every team. And it wasn't a punch.
3. The official said that Corcoran "ejected himself" from the game. Nonsense. Those were both judgment calls by the officials - they ejected him from the game by deciding that he was a "flagrant offender."
4. Overall, that was one of the worst officiated games I've ever watched. The conference should announce that their behavior has resulted in that crew suspending themselves.
5. Go Big Red

This officiating crew was totally FLAG HAPPY!! It became very obvious they were calling penalties for what should have been no calls. What needs to be reviewed by the BIG is this officiating crew. They were simply over zealous throwing flags imo.

A few things:
1. The first penalty he got didn't look like he did anything... I think they messed up on the number.
2. The second penalty was aggressive, but you can find that same behavior on a lot of plays from every team. And it wasn't a punch.
3. The official said that Corcoran "ejected himself" from the game. Nonsense. Those were both judgment calls by the officials - they ejected him from the game by deciding that he was a "flagrant offender."
4. Overall, that was one of the worst officiated games I've ever watched. The conference should announce that their behavior has resulted in that crew suspending themselves.
5. Go Big Red

There should be live pressers with the referee so they can't avoid public scrutiny. Might actually improve officiating.

A few things:
5. Go Big Red

Learning to be aggressive within the rules is hard sometimes. That attempted head slap shouldn't have resulted in an ejection. Throw the flag, sure. Move on.

You could see it across the line. Piper giving people a little extra, Hickson even Banks after Corcoran's ejection was a bit salty.

On the overall officiating, it was very uneven and it was that way for both teams. Flags that should have stayed in their pockets didn't and some pretty blatant fouls didn't get called. They we're way too big a part of the game. Reminded me of some old NBA games where the officiating crew felt like they were part of the product, but this was just incompetence.

Ref’s were as bad as I’ve seen in a long time. It seemed, like they all wanted to throw flags. As to not be out done by the other ref. Also seemed to have lots of double penalties per play. With the use of instant replay games take way to long anymore.

Learning to be aggressive within the rules is hard sometimes. That attempted head slap shouldn't have resulted in an ejection. Throw the flag, sure. Move on.

You could see it across the line. Piper giving people a little extra, Hickson even Banks after Corcoran's ejection was a bit salty.

On the overall officiating, it was very uneven and it was that way for both teams. Flags that should have stayed in their pockets didn't and some pretty blatant fouls didn't get called. They we're way too big a part of the game. Reminded me of some old NBA games where the officiating crew felt like they were part of the product, but this was just incompetence.
The two intentional grounding calls (one against them, one against us) were the most agregious, IMO. Looked to me that both time the QB was hit while throwing. It may technically have been grounding but it certainly wasn't intentional.

Has it gotten worse or has replay revealed how bad it's always been?
That, and the sheer numerosity of replays makes for a longer and less watchable game.

Much prefer the NFL system where each team has a limited number of chances to throw the red flag, and booth replays are limited.

That, and the sheer numerosity of replays makes for a longer and less watchable game.

Much prefer the NFL system where each team has a limited number of chances to throw the red flag, and booth replays are limited.
I don't know the actual count, but it appeared most of the replays confirmed the call on the field. The best indication that the replay system is working would be if most of the reviews reversed blatantly bad calls.

Mickey had the best response to this. Yelled at him on the sideline but in the PR said it may be sent to B1G for review. Guaranteed the discussion on the oline this week is do it again and next time don’t get caught.
Cocoran getting thrown out was my favorite play of the game.
A loss of 15 yards and effectively shut down another drive. Yeah, sounds like a great play to me. You must have really enjoyed the last 4 years...

The two intentional grounding calls (one against them, one against us) were the most agregious, IMO. Looked to me that both time the QB was hit while throwing. It may technically have been grounding but it certainly wasn't intentional.
Those were simply amazingly bad calls.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back