• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Corcoran

Are you familiar with Dale Carnegie? The 50 yard runs happened a lot.. oh say..when we were a real nasty up front, maybe 25 years or so ago now. Haven’t really happened in the past 10 years or so but neither has a penalty like Cocoran’s either if you get what I’m saying.
No…..not really. Best I can tell is you are trying to rationalize the irrational.

No…..not really. Best I can tell is you are trying to rationalize the irrational.
Dale is a great left tackle. I’m irrational as the letter i but I’m not surd because that also involves me being square.

Pretty defensive since you started this whole argument with accusations of lying. Now you are backtracking and acting like you are being attacked for a failed view on your position.
Hahaha. What. I hesitate to respond to this because

1. I‘m not defensive about anything.
2. I didn’t accuse anyone of lying.
3. I’m not backtracking.
4. I don’t feel at all that anyone is attacking me.
5. I don’t think my view is failed.

I guess the best I can say is “I guess we can agree to disagree”.

Look at the bigger picture. When was the last time you’ve seen that physical play? Yes all is forgiven, unless some want to dwell on that one play.

Now you want to dump on another player and the entire offensive line.

Lets get real. Both sides of the ball line dominated the second half.

But no, let’s dwell on 2 plays! Listen to the Joseph press conference for perspective.
We lost 10 straight one-score games. In each of those, 2 plays could have made the difference between winning and losing. So, yeah, I do want to focus on 2 plays (actually 3 given the fumble / TD we gave up in the endzone) that changed the score by 17-21 points. BTW - the line did better in the second half. But not because of Corcoran since his actions ejected himself.

We lost 10 straight one-score games. In each of those, 2 plays could have made the difference between winning and losing. So, yeah, I do want to focus on 2 plays (actually 3 given the fumble / TD we gave up in the endzone) that changed the score by 17-21 points. BTW - the line did better in the second half. But not because of Corcoran since his actions ejected himself.
You need to look at the larger picture. It is a more aggressive, nasty line play. Or do you prefer going back to patty cake blocking waiting for the defender to attack.

You need to look at the larger picture. It is a more aggressive, nasty line play. Or do you prefer going back to patty cake blocking waiting for the defender to attack.
No - in fact I don't. The penalties occurred AFTER the play was over or after the block was made. They were both mental errors and had nothing to do with playing physical. In fact, there are lots of OLs that play aggressive w/o getting PF penalties.

No - in fact I don't. The penalties occurred AFTER the play was over or after the block was made. They were both mental errors and had nothing to do with playing physical. In fact, there are lots of OLs that play aggressive w/o getting PF penalties.
I guess, as with others, we can agree to disagree.

Huge difference between aggressive play and a shot to the face 10 yards behind the play. Regardless of how minor the infraction is.

C

Has it gotten worse or has replay revealed how bad it's always been?
It slows the games down BIGTIME. But the advertisers are willing to pay $$, so the replays are here to stay. I swear it takes them 10 minutes to find the remote to the replay machine.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back