• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anthony Grant has star potential

I think it was a game we needed to work on things and progress, and help us become a better team going forward. Do you think it was a waste of time and we should call it a season? Or are you looking for further progress going forward? Serious question.

Call it a season? Wow, you are the 1st poster I’ve seen suggesting we forfeit the entire year. Why bring that into the thread?

Do you think it was a waste of time and we should call it a season? Or are you looking for further progress going forward? Serious question.
Never mind my last post. Didn’t resize your were simply repeating the same response over and over. Good one I suppose?

I agree. He at least falls forward but he does not force a lot of arm tackles and moves laterally too much in tight spaces.
I agree that lateral movement near the LOS is generally frowned upon. But if he can get away with it? Let him do it. I saw Danny Woodhead play several times when he was at Chadron State and I can tell you that he moved laterally at the LOS at least twice as much as Grant does. Certain players have the quickness and elusiveness to get away with it, and I view it as a sign of being very gifted.

I think regardless of opponent, we hopefully see marked progress week to week. A win like the one yesterday helped our team to better know each other and continually strive towards ‘putting it all together’. Much was gained by playing ND. And more will be gained by playing next week’s opponent.

Has the competition been great? No.

But . . . the way he runs, makes big things happen when there's nothing there in terms of blocking, the way he jukes people in the open field, etc. We haven't had a back like that in a long time. With a decent line or scheming up some plays to get him outside and with more space to work with, he's a difference maker. And this team desperately needs that.

Allen looks to have a bit of that, too.

Why did they have Grant back fielding kick-offs though?

Starting RB also fielding kick-offs?
Why did they have Grant back fielding kick-offs though?

Starting RB also fielding kick-offs?
I think Grant earned the position through fall camp. Busch’s philosophy is best men across team on ST’s regardless of starter or non-starter. Also is a potential ticket to the NFL.

I enjoy watching Anthony Grant play and with his back story how can you not root for the kid. The fact is he's averaging 145YPG and 2TDPG. NU hasn't had that lately.

Belittling the competition is belittling AG's accomplishments, which we as fans should never do.

I've observed that Lavaman seems to have a real need to be right. It's a good move to send him to the showers.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back