• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Uni reform

I just wish we'd wear a uniform that resembles and ear of corn.

For the jersey and pants, choose between yellow kernels, white, and on special occasions, Indian corn (which would need a new name, as that's not cool). The helmet should resemble a tassel ... and green jackets resembling husks.

We should consider cream as an alternate. I think it looks good when the Rams use that color.

Unpopular opinion: I like the all-black set and wish we could see it added as a permanent option. I'd like to see more mix and match combos throughout the season.

I think there's room to have a traditional looking uniform (shoulder stripes, simple helmets) and still appeal to student athletes. A number of teams let their players vote on uniforms from week to week, which I think gives the kids more of a sense of ownership.

Here's a mock up I did a while back. A few subtle changes, such as a thicker helmet stripe, the use of the Iron N on the helmet, and a 1970s "NU" helmet (gray facemask) as a permanent option.

y1l95GM.png

Duck, I’m with you on the black. And, I like your alt design.

Hipsters 100% don’t care about archaic, arbitrary cultural norms such as “no white after Labor Day”

You do you, Pops.
I’m a hippy brother. I wear what the F I want to like crab. I was just having some fun. Sweet baby Jesus. Can we just laugh and have fun with each other

Or as the Dead taught me following them around for years

When in doubt, Twirl!

Last edited:
Hipsters 100% don’t care about archaic, arbitrary cultural norms such as “no white after Labor Day”

You do you, Pops.
I’m a hippy brother. I wear what the F I want to like crab. I was just having some fun. Sweet baby Jesus. Can we just laugh and have fun with each other

Or as the Dead taught me following them around for year

When in doubt, Twirl!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back