• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Uni reform

And ditch the color black. It's a fine color, mind you -- but we're the Scarlet and Cream.

By the same token, no all-white unis ever. And no all-red unis ever. We're the Scarlet AND Cream, not the Scarlet OR Cream, you dim-wits.
Yes. Ditch the black. I liked the all-white personally, but I do see your point.

The white chrome we had sometime back was pretty dang cool. That should be our new standard helmet with Red helmets for away. The jet stripes on the jerseys would be pretty dang cool.

I am with the ditch-the-black crowd even if it makes our fat guys look skinny.:cool:

GBR

Unpopular opinion: I like the all-black set and wish we could see it added as a permanent option. I'd like to see more mix and match combos throughout the season.

I think there's room to have a traditional looking uniform (shoulder stripes, simple helmets) and still appeal to student athletes. A number of teams let their players vote on uniforms from week to week, which I think gives the kids more of a sense of ownership.

Here's a mock up I did a while back. A few subtle changes, such as a thicker helmet stripe, the use of the Iron N on the helmet, and a 1970s "NU" helmet (gray facemask) as a permanent option.

y1l95GM.png
I like the Iron N idea. We need a stronger-looking N.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back