• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Uni reform

Sofa King

Recruit
2 Year Member
As part of a restart and hopefully breaking the current mojo, I wish we'd go back to the pre-1982 uni or something similar to what we wore at Oklahoma last year. Stripes on pants but not on jerseys. And ditch the painted facemarks, too.
Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 11.45.22 AM.png

As part of a restart and hopefully breaking the current mojo, I wish we'd go back to the pre-1982 uni or something similar to what we wore at Oklahoma last year. Stripes on pants but not on jerseys. And ditch the painted facemarks, too.
.View attachment 76435
And ditch the color black. It's a fine color, mind you -- but we're the Scarlet and Cream.

By the same token, no all-white unis ever. And no all-red unis ever. We're the Scarlet AND Cream, not the Scarlet OR Cream, you dim-wits.

Last edited:

And ditch the color black. It's a fine color, mind you -- but we're the Scarlet and Cream.

By the same token, no all-white unis ever. And no all-red unis ever. We're the Scarlet AND Cream, not the Scarlet OR Cream, you dim-wits.

So actually we should have cream not white helmets, away jerseys, home pants.... and we don't want all cream ....just half cream.

Unpopular opinion: I like the all-black set and wish we could see it added as a permanent option. I'd like to see more mix and match combos throughout the season.

I think there's room to have a traditional looking uniform (shoulder stripes, simple helmets) and still appeal to student athletes. A number of teams let their players vote on uniforms from week to week, which I think gives the kids more of a sense of ownership.

Here's a mock up I did a while back. A few subtle changes, such as a thicker helmet stripe, the use of the Iron N on the helmet, and a 1970s "NU" helmet (gray facemask) as a permanent option.

y1l95GM.png

Unpopular opinion: I like the all-black set and wish we could see it added as a permanent option. I'd like to see more mix and match combos throughout the season.

I think there's room to have a traditional looking uniform (shoulder stripes, simple helmets) and still appeal to student athletes. A number of teams let their players vote on uniforms from week to week, which I think gives the kids more of a sense of ownership.

Here's a mock up I did a while back. A few subtle changes, such as a thicker helmet stripe, the use of the Iron N on the helmet, and a 1970s "NU" helmet (gray facemask) as a permanent option.

y1l95GM.png
Egad. What are we, a bunch of Texas Tech wannabees? Northern Illinois wannabees? Westside High School wannabees???

Texas the red-and-black thing. Texas it very much.

Black shoes, always. White sucks. Use the current color scheme and work with it. Reverse the helmets once in a while. Red helmet, white stripe, white N, white face masks. Wear all red sometimes for a bigger game. No need for the retro b s. Just use the color scheme and use some imagination with it. How about a road uni with red helmets, white shirt, red pants, black shoes. Bad ass. This way you can keep it traditional. It’s not that damn hard and would look amazing.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back