• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jayhawks and Cyclones appear to be talking to B1G

Based on this post I am guessing that you are younger than 40 years old. I say that because they've only had the brief run under Pete Carroll in that timeline. But if you back up a decade or two, the longer view shows power and prestige that oozes out in such a way that you want to punch that frickin' Trojan mascot in the junk ... and his horse, too. If you're under 40, this frickin' song might not make you want to commit homicide:

I hate them, sincerely, but when they have it rolling? Watch out. If you think 'Bama fans are obnoxious, wait until you start seeing every snob and starlet in Hollywood sporting USC gear. USC isn't the equal of UCLA, Cal, or Stanford, but it's not a coincidence that Hollywood folks were paying bribes to get their kids into USC.

I'm over 40 by enough to remember them being a name but that was a long time ago. I feel like their lows are really really low and tend to happen more than other blue bloods.

Maybe it's a Pac10/12 thing for me. I just haven't felt they were really relevant to the national stage outside of PC's few years there since maybe the 70's.

I'm over 40 by enough to remember them being a name but that was a long time ago. I feel like their lows are really really low and tend to happen more than other blue bloods.

Maybe it's a Pac10/12 thing for me. I just haven't felt they were really relevant to the national stage outside of PC's few years there since maybe the 70's.
Some of that might be because the PAC rarely gets good time slots. They are on so late most of the National people don’t watch. I’m talking the whole PAC not just USC. As a conference they aren’t making the big money. That’s why I believe the bigger programs might split. Someone brought up travel but travel times are irrelevant nowadays.

Based on this post I am guessing that you are younger than 40 years old. I say that because they've only had the brief run under Pete Carroll in that timeline. But if you back up a decade or two, the longer view shows power and prestige that oozes out in such a way that you want to punch that frickin' Trojan mascot in the junk ... and his horse, too. If you're under 40, this frickin' song might not make you want to commit homicide:

I hate them, sincerely, but when they have it rolling? Watch out. If you think 'Bama fans are obnoxious, wait until you start seeing every snob and starlet in Hollywood sporting USC gear. USC isn't the equal of UCLA, Cal, or Stanford, but it's not a coincidence that Hollywood folks were paying bribes to get their kids into USC.

I was a UCLA season ticket holder when I lived in L.A., so I learned to really dislike the University of $poiled Children. UCLA fans liked to mock U$C's song with this (this version is by Cal fans):

Last edited:

I was a UCLA season ticket holder when I lived in L.A., so I learned to really dislike the University of $poiled Children. UCLA fans liked to mock U$C's song with this (this version is by Cal fans):

Do you agree that when they're good, there's nobody that you hate more?

@Cisco

I think that’s a pretty fair representation of how it might go if they try to keep the big 12 together at all. Except I think SMU has an exceptional chance to get in.

easiest is just add SMU and Houston…

Geographically and logically….at least to me.

That may play into a bunch of Texas politics that I am unaware of but it seems the easiest route for them

I guess they could still claim to be power five….

Maybe…

All those old Big 12 schools have to be just crapping in their pants right now. Searching for suitors or telling everybody to stand pat and we will get through this somehow.

phone lines are burning up right now…
Wont add a religious institution to the B1G unless that team name starts with Notre…

The bundle included emails, plane ticket stubs, trip itineraries for recruits, video camera footage of Herman Edwards giving tours of the weight room, pictures of recruits with staff, apparently even with incriminating items in the background that gave away the dates of the meetings.

Arizona State football is screwed. The question is how long until the hammer drops. That's a tough question as nothing has happened yet from the basketball shoes scandal.
Good. What a stupid vision they had for their athletic department/football. It looked good to some people after a year, but the chickens are at the coop door waiting to roost.

the place was overloaded with them.
Yale…oh my…you had it MUCH tougher than I….I tip my cap….

And none of them has done shite for the country except bitch and theorize…and the vast majority have had their lives handed to them in bountiful spoonfuls….

Yet are soooo absolutely certain that THEY know all the answers and you don’t…..and that they are sooooo much smarter than you.

I kinda don’t doubt they ARE smarter than me…LOL

But know all the answers based upon VERY sheltered lives with virtually no true “life experiences“ like the rest of us.

Ah….no.

Last edited:

USC or UCLA? I like UCLA. I definitely hate other teams more than USC when they are good. They aren't even top 5.

I just bookmarked your comment to remind you of that when USC is again on top of the college football world. You'll feel like me looking back to the 90s when I kind of, sort of felt sorry for those poor Longhorns and 'Bama folks.

They don't even have to be good for my contempt to flow unabated. :Biggrin: Their fans are arrogant and insufferable regardless of how the football team is doing.

Now THAT is more like a true PAC fan that I've grown to know and ... well, let's not get carried away. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back