• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jayhawks and Cyclones appear to be talking to B1G

I hope not….less money for us….more splits.

Kansas brings something at least…..I’m just not sure what Iowa State brings. People are enamored with their recent success. But it’s….Iowa State….for crying out loud! That coach leaves and they go back to being….Iowa State…

and how long is a very successful coach going to last in Ames?

Rutgers brought a New York television market, and basically….money!

What exactly does Iowa State bring to the table for the BiG conference? I just can’t think of anything. There just isn’t a whole bunch of “viewership” and marketing potential around Ames, Iowa. And yes they’ve been successful the last couple of years and I’m glad for them, but it’s not exactly a nationally recognized football “brand” by any stretch of the imagination.
I agree with this. My dream if we are going to add Basket ball would be Kansas in the west and maybe NC or Duke in the east. It would without measure make us the top BBall conference in the country. It would also renew MD BBall with two old chums from the ACC. All three are top Academic schools as well and they would fit into the overall scheme of athletics and scholastics. The only issue is it would destroy the geographic continuity. B1G like all the states to touch. NC does not touch any others.

This Buckeyes' media group has been about the best that I've come across, so far, as far as having inside info. @wheat shared this video with me, and it covers at length a lot of what is going on, right now, regarding Kansas and the PAC. If you're interested in this stuff, I believe that these guys have better info than anybody else who is coming out publicly to discuss it:

Any facts at all to back this up?

I'll vouch for him. He's not going to want to share where he's getting his info, but we've chatted, and he's told me enough for me to know that he has better info than the rest of us. If my opinion means nothing, hey, that's cool, too.

My dream if we are going to add Basket ball would be Kansas in the west and maybe NC or Duke in the east.

You will likely get your wish, though it's a question of how long it will take. UNC was in deep talks with the B1G when Maryland came in. The original plan was for an entire swath of East Coast states to join, including Rutgers, Maryland, UVa, UNC, and Ga Tech. The last three got cold feet, thinking that ACC money would be close to or equal what the B1G was offering, so they continued. There are unverified rumors (then and now) that Clemson and Florida State were also in conversations with the B1G. It's worth mentioning because Maryland and FSU were the only schools to vote against the ACC buyout for leaving the conference, and Maryland left immediately afterward.

I would love to add PAC teams so I can see more games out West.

Watch the video above, and you can look forward to some USC games in the future. You're in Phoenix, right? Arizona State picked a hella-bad time to get on the wrong side of the law. I don't know how that will affect how all of this will shake out, but I'd guess that they'll be toxic for the near future.

One more thing to keep in mind is that you want to pay close attention to the language that people are using when discussing having conversations or not having conversations. It is very likely true that Kevin Warren has not had a single conversation with anybody regarding expansion; however, I'd love to hear Gene Smith and Mark Silverman answer that question.

Likewise, it is almost inarguably true that Kansas, Iowa State, and Oklahoma State have "had conversations" with the B1G. The difference, though, is that it looks like it's been mutual with Kansas since roughly the same time that OU and UT were talking with the SEC (and the B1G, apparently), whereas Ia State and Okla. State are just getting the equivalent of the courtesy hearing to present their case. They're not the same. KU boosters say that Kansas was on a call with the B1G presidents this week for something that is moving very close to final approval. Ok State and Ia State had "conversations" with low level folks who were just being polite. If OU's academics weren't good enough for the B1G, do you think that they are going to take Oklahoma State? No, no they are not.

I sincerely feel bad for the other Big 12 teams on the one hand, but then I think about how they voted with Texas and against Nebraska almost constantly, and suddenly I don't feel bad anymore.

Watch the video above, and you can look forward to some USC games in the future. You're in Phoenix, right? Arizona State picked a hella-bad time to get on the wrong side of the law. I don't know how that will affect how all of this will shake out, but I'd guess that they'll be toxic for the near future.
I have been traveling most of the summer so I haven’t heard much on ASU and their scandal. I hope they are screwed because they were loaded with speed. I would want nothing to do with them; they would have throttled us the last few years.

Do a search of the local Phoenix media guys who do podcasts on Arizona State. It's brutal. The stuff that came out was mainly about recruiting violations related to official visits during the Covid-induced dead period, but everybody on the West Coast keeps saying that there is so much more than that going on. The incriminating information wasn't put together by some skilled investigative reporters; it was placed in a bundled folder and laid on the desk of the ASU officer in charge of NCAA compliance, and it was placed there by assistant coaches who were leaving because they didn't want any part of what had been happening.

The bundle included emails, plane ticket stubs, trip itineraries for recruits, video camera footage of Herman Edwards giving tours of the weight room, pictures of recruits with staff, apparently even with incriminating items in the background that gave away the dates of the meetings.

Arizona State football is screwed. The question is how long until the hammer drops. That's a tough question as nothing has happened yet from the basketball shoes scandal.

Google "Antonio Pierce" and "NCAA violations" and you'll find a shipload of stuff to read. I'd recommend looking for the local Phoenix guys who do video podcasts and cover Arizona State. I can't remember their names, but they did NOT pull punches.

Please KU and Iowa State. ISU immediately steps in and does was we did when we joined...finding out you can't win in the same way as Big 12...but they would be favored right out of the gate. KU...the west needs a rutgers...someone to beat in football every year and that BBall team is worth it.

Please yes to these! We need some people in our neighborhood!!!!!! and maybe a few more. I would love K State, too. We need some teams to hate and beat.

I watched it last night. It was definitely interesting. If I’m the BIG the PAC move makes the most sense. Bring in their top schools and the conference has enough big football schools to compete with the SEC.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back