• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jayhawks and Cyclones appear to be talking to B1G

Just wait until the NCAA doesn't own March Madness. That # will go up exponentially to basketball powerhouses. Football is king,but big time basketball programs are lords.
I think that part of the equation is misunderstood. I also think the SEC hasn't fully grasped that....or maybe they realize they don't have the schools, outside of Kentucky to matter in the CBB discussion and that most of the schools that do matter have philosophical differences with the SEC on the role of academics. The CBB tournament pie will get much bigger and the way that pie is sliced up will change, too. Basketball probably won't equal football but it will be more equal if this brave new world fully materializes.

This Buckeyes' media group has been about the best that I've come across, so far, as far as having inside info. @wheat shared this video with me, and it covers at length a lot of what is going on, right now, regarding Kansas and the PAC. If you're interested in this stuff, I believe that these guys have better info than anybody else who is coming out publicly to discuss it:

So the B1G had a chance to get OU and Texa$$ but passed cause OU is not AAU? Just another example of B1G lack of vision. Was interesting hearing the guy say Nebraska is going through the process of getting their AAU status back. And, again, it is sad to hear that even the Networks (esp. Fox) realize the "lack of leadership" at the B1G (Kevin Warren) and it is starting to really bite the B1G in the rear.

Warren HAS to realize this is his chance to make up for last year…

A “mulligan” for last year so to speak…

At the same time, he will be judged FAR more harshly for what he does here and now if he doesn’t navigate this well.

And if past performance is an indicator…..

well….not good…

I almost….and I say again almost….feel bad for the guy. Here he was, taking over a dream job making a ton of money in a staid, solid conference that was basically running itself….and within two years he has absolutely monumentus challenges.

Pandemic
Politics invading sports like never before
Transfer Portal
NCAA falling apart
NIL
and now Conference Realignment

And the stakes are HUGE!

We are about to see whether Kevin Warren can recover from last year’s debacle and has what it takes to be our commissioner. I sure hope the guy steps up his game….big!

I'll vouch for him. He's not going to want to share where he's getting his info, but we've chatted, and he's told me enough for me to know that he has better info than the rest of us. If my opinion means nothing, hey, that's cool, too.
I'm not so much as doubting him as just questioning where the info is coming from. Nothing public that I've seen (I haven't really looked hard) confirms what he's saying.

I'm not so much as doubting him as just questioning where the info is coming from. Nothing public that I've seen (I haven't really looked hard) confirms what he's saying.

I think a lot of what is out there is rumor and panic. But I will say that this news has definitely caused worry in far away places. There is legitimate concern right now in ACC country about what this all means, because I think we can all agree that this won't stop with just OU and Texas.

At the same time, he will be judged FAR more harshly for what he does here and now if he doesn’t navigate this well.

well….not good…

I almost….and I say again almost….feel bad for the guy. Here he was, taking over a dream job making a ton of money in a staid, solid conference that was basically running itself….and within two years he has absolutely monumentus challenges.

Pandemic
Transfer Portal
NCAA falling apart
NIL

And the stakes are HUGE!

We are about to see whether Kevin Warren can recover from last year’s debacle and has what it takes to be our commissioner. I sure hope the guy steps up his game….big!
I don't feel bad for him at all. Yes he's being used for his race but he's being paid very well for that.

I've worked for some companies and I've heard/still hear "that department basically runs itself". I always laugh at that. It only seems that way because whoever is in charge is damn good. You see once they're replaced the wheels come off and that's what we're seeing here.

If the B1G really had a chance at OU and TX and passed because of OU's AAU status that is big blowingly idiotic and it tells me that the academics are running the show in these regards, not the athletics.

The B1G pissed a lot of money away in 2020 with their covid handling and are now pissing more away letting OU/TX go to the SEC.

Unless we're talking Clemson, FSU, or ND there aren't better schools to draw in money than OU and TX (that are realistically going to come to the B1G).

No one on the West coast really watches CFB and they aren't going to draw money like OU/TX.

Was interesting hearing the guy say Nebraska is going through the process of getting their AAU status back.
Is that true? We lost our AAU status over some arcane BS rule that our University Hospital was in Omaha instead of Lincoln.?

When I did my Masters Degree…yeah…me a stupid Infantry grunt…

Anyway, when I did my Masters Degree I ran into a bunch of totally petty academic types who “guarded” their academic status like no tomorrow. I was totally surprised by it. I thought so much higher of my professors but experienced first hand some crazy prejudices….

”What was a stupid soldier getting a masters degree for anyway?”… was a question I was bluntly asked one day by one of this type…and he was being serious…not joking.

Yeah…I have seen some of the “dark side” of academia, but if that is true on Nebraska…that just takes the cake.

Look for Texas to become available again in a decade. The SEC does not fit the snooty profile for which they like to see themselves. They are definitely more of a B1G/PAC school. If it is true that the B1G scoffed at OU, I am very impressed with the loyalty of Texas in not just telling OU "see ya losers".

Last edited:
I've worked for some companies and I've heard/still hear "that department basically runs itself". I always laugh at that. It only seems that way because whoever is in charge is damn good. You see once they're replaced the wheels come off and that's what we're seeing here.
Really good point and so true…

Leadership is….

Everything…..

Is that true? We lost our AAU status over some arcane BS rule that our University Hospital was in Omaha instead of Lincoln.?

When I did my Masters Degree…yeah…me a stupid Infantry grunt…

Anyway, when I did my Masters Degree I ran into a bunch of totally petty academic types who “guarded” their academic status like no tomorrow. I was totally surprised by it. I thought so much higher of my professors but experienced first hand some crazy prejudices….

”What was a stupid soldier getting a masters degree for anyway?”… was a question I was bluntly asked one day by one of this type…and he was being serious…not joking.

Yeah…I have seen some of the “dark side” of academia, but if that is true on Nebraska…that just takes the cake.
We lost our AAU status due to the pitchfork efforts of former Texas president Bob Berdahl. He's been a thorn in the side of NU ever since UT joined the Big12. He's also the sole reason NU was no longer able to recruit Prop 48 players.

Last edited:

]What was a stupid soldier getting a masters degree for anyway?[… was a question I was bluntly asked one day by one of this type…and he was being serious…not joking.
That's nothing compared to the reception I got working on my masters at Yale!! Was asked why would a LEO want or need a masters when all you PEOPLE do is arrest and harass innocent hard working citizens! It was like being radioactive when I was taking classes there! Talk about a bunch of snotty better than you stuffed shirts... the place was overloaded with them.

well….not good…

Pandemic
Transfer Portal
NCAA falling apart
NIL

And the stakes are HUGE!

Rest assured! Kevin Warren will screw this up just like he did with Covid. The guy is a moron.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back