• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The realignment thread

I'm convinced the BIG is the best place for the Huskers even more so with all the turmoil that's happening with college football. Don't believe our conference needs to run around like Chicken Little trying to recruit more teams to the BIG. There's a scant number of teams that would truly enhance the BIG and I'm against adding schools simply to add them.

Time to kick back and watch the fur fly as some conferences/teams play musical chairs. Act in haste, repent in leisure.

Another interesting take by the San Jose Mercury News

Interesting article never thought about ESPN being the behind-the-scenes player in all this.

People always think all of this is a composite volcano...ready to really, really blow. but it all ends up being a shield volcano...just a bunch of slow moving lava and everything ends up leveling off with not nearly as much action as some hoped.

At least Texas beat us when we were good. Wiscy gets no credit whatsoever. They have the same prestige as Purdue, Iowa, Illinois etc…
Agreed. It's funny how Iowa fans revel in our current misfortunes and make fun of us because we suck, but then turn right around and beat their chests when they beat us. I thought we sucked? Why is beating us such a big deal. If you take the best teams of Nebraska and play the best teams of Iowa, Nebraska smokes them every single time.

Agreed. It's funny how Iowa fans revel in our current misfortunes and make fun of us because we suck, but then turn right around and beat their chests when they beat us. I thought we sucked? Why is beating us such a big deal. If you take the best teams of Nebraska and play the best teams of Iowa, Nebraska smokes them every single time.
Not this century pal

At the time of the formation, Nebraska and Texas were elite teams. Oklahoma was terrible but quickly rebounded with hiring Bob Stoops.

USC was getting good under Pete Carroll and Miami was a powerhouse. But Michigan and Ohio State were average and Alabama was terrible. The Big Ten and SEC were largely irrelevant compared to the Big XII and the ACC/Big East mix (I get fuzzy on the timeline of Miami and VT).

Point is, had the Big XII had someone like Jim Delaney, they may have risen to be the preeminent power in college football. They stagnated like Rome, though.
Big 12 was never going to be the preeminent conference because it lacked population for TV markets, its football teams could never over come this.
Dallas
Houston
Kansas City
St Louis
Denver

These were just not going to over whelm the people trying to sell ad revenue when you compare it to:
New York
Baltimore
Atlanta
Miami
Chicago
New Orleans

Games from 10am until 12am!!! Sounds like a winner to me. Ohio St. vs Washington, Michigan vs USC, Penn St vs Oregon, Nebraska on Black Friday vs Colorado! That would be a fun conference.

Where's that # to the BiG office?

I had it right here?

P.S.

With all due respect....please ScuM on the sidelines......forever.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back