• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jamie Nance enters transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruited by a different OC/WR coach and it's obvious there has been a change in philosophy at the receiver position in terms of moving away from smaller speed guys to getting more size. I'm not saying there aren't concerns with the program but seeing this as a sign of the apocalypse is a little over the top.

He was likely told he was behind Manning, Toure, Martin, Betts, Nixon, Brown, Falck and Liewer with three more guys that are closer to what they are looking for physically coming on board this summer. I hope Nance finds a good spot. This is one that is probably in the best interest of both Nance and the Huskers.
Not in the two deep with youngins coming in,and as long as hes been in, the writing was everywhere.

I think we are better off with Lubick, Nance will be where he lands, and everybody wins in this one

Good 2 posts, wheat, and I agree. Like the OL, this staff has thrown the old WR mold out and has a new one: Going taller, bigger, more possession, maybe a tad less speed. But this is definitely the new "mold" the staff is using for what a WR will (not should) look like. Let's face reality and this is why I am not playing the part of Chicken Little: Our walk-on WR's HAVE beaten out a vast majority of our high 3*/4* recruited WR's from the 18 and 19 classes. Good or bad, right or wrong, good coaching or bad coaching, this is REALITY. So, as many on here say: "Next man up"!
Nailed it

Maybe cuz nobody can throw to them?
Well, if you’re recruiting QB’s that can’t throw it consistently, then you better be able to do what Osborne could do, which is run over people and beat them to death. If you can do neither at this level, the results will be poor. Hopefully, Scott’s offense will start to find its grip, and do something well.

Well, if you’re recruiting QB’s that can’t throw it consistently, then you better be able to do what Osborne could do, which is run over people and beat them to death. If you can do neither at this level, the results will be poor. Hopefully, Scott’s offense will start to find its grip, and do something well.
Just look as to whos seen the field,and who started.
Sprinters are good, like Bob Hayes, didnt catch many, but when he did...
But the offense already had trouble with consistency, and these guys just didnt bring it, and our starters werent talented enough, yet were more consistent, walkons and all.

Recruited by a different OC/WR coach and it's obvious there has been a change in philosophy at the receiver position in terms of moving away from smaller speed guys to getting more size. I'm not saying there aren't concerns with the program but seeing this as a sign of the apocalypse is a little over the top.

He was likely told he was behind Manning, Toure, Martin, Betts, Nixon, Brown, Falck and Liewer with three more guys that are closer to what they are looking for physically coming on board this summer. I hope Nance finds a good spot. This is one that is probably in the best interest of both Nance and the Huskers.
Umm, I’m just curious here, but doesn’t the Head Coach have the final hammer on who gets recruited, offered, and signed?

Well, i think we all wish well for the offense, regardless of which style they play and whether a walk on from O’Neill scores a touchdown or a 3 star who couldn’t see the field makes it.

Umm, I’m just curious here, but doesn’t the Head Coach have the final hammer on who gets recruited, offered, and signed?
How many times has SF said he trusts his coaches? And whos not coaching here anymore?
One thing we know, our staff wasnt at UCF long enough to reap what they recruited, or,most of it.
Time will tell, but I say Lubick is the better coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back