• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jamie Nance enters transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

No mention in McKewon’s article, only Brown having an arm injury this spring.

WIDE RECEIVER​

Starters: Omar Manning, Oliver Martin, Samori Touré
No. 2s: Zavier Betts, Levi Falck, Will Nixon OR Alante Brown

Manning, Martin and Touré got the starting nod in the spring game. Manning, the most gifted receiver on the team, has to stay healthy and consistent. Touré, starting in the slot, quickly won over his teammates and coaches. Betts could be on the No. 1 line with a strong training camp. Walk-ons Martin and Falck may earn scholarships. Nixon’s impressive spring — coupled with Brown’s spring-long arm injury — makes for an intriguing battle to back up Touré. Brody Belt will be a slot option too. Wyatt Liewer can make plays on the outside.

How many times has SF said he trusts his coaches? And whos not coaching here anymore?
One thing we know, our staff wasnt at UCF long enough to reap what they recruited, or,most of it.
Time will tell, but I say Lubick is the better coach
He may very well be. That’s great. But if it was your gig (Frost), I mean, wouldn’t you be all over that? Damn. How could you not?

Yeah. And why are we griping that guys recruited more recently are higher on the depth chart than the guys in the first two classes? The staff said they were always going to try to recruit over the guys they already have and it's the job of the guys here to make sure they don't get passed up. I'm having a hard time seeing how this is an indictment of the coaching staff. I guess they should be fired because they recruited better players than they already had. You guys would, and should, be pissed if the staff wasn't doing that. And Frost also replaced the guy that recruited Nance and Houston, so the head coach decided he wanted better results and did something about it. I think that's his prerogative. I don't get the incessant whining and complaining.

I'll take Manning, Martin, Brown, Nixon, Toure and Betts over Nance, Houston and Robinson and be quite happy about it.
I’m not griping, but your upperclassmen who supposedly should be leaders, none of twelve are still there. It’s always nice to see competition, but 0 for 12 is hard to do. I’d also argue, if you got zero production from those 12 scholarship guys, they took from someone else’s depth. I think you’d almost have to try to go 0 for 12? Nice they have gotten them replaced, but maybe it’s part of the overall problem. I don’t know. I guess we’ll see.

Then include Fleming from the 2020 class -- and hope it ends there.
You have to keep people at some point. I do find it interesting that guys like Mills, Ozigbo, Noa, Falck, Martin, Spielman, Morgan, basically everyone but Robinson are guys developed elsewhere and it high school recruits. I’m hoping that ends as you said because I feel like that’s playing with fire.

Any idea what the issue was with all these receivers, ***? Seems like WR should be one of the easier positions for kids with raw talent to get on the field ASAP.
I’m struggling a little bit with this, go back and read the recruiting articles and tweets about how Frost completely turned around the WR room from the talent he had when he got here. Yet here we are with none of them from those first two classes.

Now, if we are shifting to a different offensive style, it makes total sense that Houston and Nance leave. And it probably doesn’t help that we’ve had two position coaches in 3 seasons for these guys.

I think we need to be careful at this spot because we could lose another one if we don’t say the right things the next few weeks. Seems we are just drifting to bringing in JUCOs and transfers, which is fine to fill holes.

I’m not griping, but your upperclassmen who supposedly should be leaders, none of twelve are still there. It’s always nice to see competition, but 0 for 12 is hard to do. I’d also argue, if you got zero production from those 12 scholarship guys, they took from someone else’s depth. I think you’d almost have to try to go 0 for 12? Nice they have gotten them replaced, but maybe it’s part of the overall problem. I don’t know. I guess we’ll see.
Except it's 7, not 12. And 2 were JUCOs.

I’m struggling a little bit with this, go back and read the recruiting articles and tweets about how Frost completely turned around the WR room from the talent he had when he got here. Yet here we are with none of them from those first two classes.

Now, if we are shifting to a different offensive style, it makes total sense that Houston and Nance leave. And it probably doesn’t help that we’ve had two position coaches in 3 seasons for these guys.

I think we need to be careful at this spot because we could lose another one if we don’t say the right things the next few weeks. Seems we are just drifting to bringing in JUCOs and transfers, which is fine to fill holes.
Betts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back