• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jamie Nance enters transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times has SF said he trusts his coaches? And whos not coaching here anymore?
One thing we know, our staff wasnt at UCF long enough to reap what they recruited, or,most of it.
Time will tell, but I say Lubick is the better coach
What? Most of who carried that UCF team were SF recruits which is why they were good for the following 2 years after he left (and should have been better for year 3 there).

Unless your post is specifically about the WR position, in which case you may be right but Walters was also much more involved/bought in at UCF. The guy is actually a good coach, he just never wanted anything to do with nebraska and only came here on the hopes of immediately getting a HC job if Frost had a successful year one.

Last edited:
Recruited by a different OC/WR coach and it's obvious there has been a change in philosophy at the receiver position in terms of moving away from smaller speed guys to getting more size. I'm not saying there aren't concerns with the program but seeing this as a sign of the apocalypse is a little over the top.

He was likely told he was behind Manning, Toure, Martin, Betts, Nixon, Brown, Falck and Liewer with three more guys that are closer to what they are looking for physically coming on board this summer. I hope Nance finds a good spot. This is one that is probably in the best interest of both Nance and the Huskers.
Stop making sense! We need incessant whining, not clear thinking!

For a bunch of guys who like to talk football, its amazing people aren't looking for the simple answers. A young, inexperienced staff comes in with an idea. The staff realizes the idea needs adjusting and starts doing so, in recruiting and play calling. Early recruits see those changes and look for system that fit better. The horror.

Last edited:

What? Most of who carried that UCF team were SF recruits which is why they were good for the following 2 years after he left (and should have been better for year 3 there).

Unless your post is specifically about the WR position, in which case you may be right but Walters was also much more involved/bought in at UCF. The guy is actually a good coach, he just never wanted anything to do with nebraska and only came here on the hopes of immediately getting a HC job if Frost had a successful year one.
It was WRs, as this is the main focus, sorry for not making it more clear.
We all dont have to think that hard at the other positions

Umm, I’m just curious here, but doesn’t the Head Coach have the final hammer on who gets recruited, offered, and signed?
Yeah. And why are we griping that guys recruited more recently are higher on the depth chart than the guys in the first two classes? The staff said they were always going to try to recruit over the guys they already have and it's the job of the guys here to make sure they don't get passed up. I'm having a hard time seeing how this is an indictment of the coaching staff. I guess they should be fired because they recruited better players than they already had. You guys would, and should, be pissed if the staff wasn't doing that. And Frost also replaced the guy that recruited Nance and Houston, so the head coach decided he wanted better results and did something about it. I think that's his prerogative. I don't get the incessant whining and complaining.

I'll take Manning, Martin, Brown, Nixon, Toure and Betts over Nance, Houston and Robinson and be quite happy about it.

Last edited:
Yeah. And why are we griping that guys recruited more recently are higher on the depth chart than the guys in the first two classes? The staff said they were always going to try to recruit over the guys they already have and it's the job of the guys here to make sure they don't get passed up. I'm having a hard time seeing how this is an indictment of the coaching staff. I guess they should be fired because they recruited better players than they already had. You guys would, and should, be pissed if the staff wasn't doing that. And Frost also replaced the guy that recruited Nance and Houston, so the head coach decided he wanted better results and did something about it. I think that's his prerogative. I don't get the incessant whining and complaining.

I'll taking Manning, Martin, Brown, Nixon, Toure and Betts over Nance, Houston and Robinson and be quite happy about it.
If even a couple of these young guys pan out, it'll be a win for this program. We've been successful with MAYBE half a dozen WR recruits in the past decade spanning 3 coaching staffs. Not sure why we keep missing, but hopefully we're starting to change that.

If even a couple of these young guys pan out, it'll be a win for this program. We've been successful with MAYBE half a dozen WR recruits in the past decade spanning 3 coaching staffs. Not sure why we keep missing, but hopefully we're starting to change that.
Pelini's recruiting really tailed off at the end of his time here and that was true across the board. Riley chased guys that went to a lot of camps and got the stars, but weren't really top end talents plus Williams always seemed to lose the big fish right at the end of the cycle and I think Frost thought he could out-speed the B1G but learned that you have to be physical or the speed won't matter. The current WR group looks like it could be better than any we have had in a long time. I'm hoping we've turned a corner on this position.

Last edited:

Pelini's recruiting really tailed off at the end of his time here and that was true across the board. Riley chased guys that went to a lot of camps and got the stars, but weren't really top end talents plus Williams always seemed to lose the big fish right at the end of the cycle and I think Frost thought he could out-speed the B1G but learned that you have to be physical or the speed won't matter. The current WR group looks like it could be better than any we have had in a long time. I'm hoping we've turned a corner on this position.
He got Jordan Westerkamp and Alonzo Moore in the 2012 class, and Stanley Morgan committed to Nebraska before Bo was fired (signed in 2015 under Riley). Riley got JD Spielman into the building.

That's about it since 2012.

I really wasn’t excited about the first two WR classes. I always thought Nance and Houston just weren’t big enough for the BIG. I was really excited for Wan’Dale though. I’m super excited for the big bodied type of guys they’re recruiting now like Toure and Manning. Think this is a good move for this kid and us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back