• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jamie Nance enters transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recruited by a different OC/WR coach and it's obvious there has been a change in philosophy at the receiver position in terms of moving away from smaller speed guys to getting more size. I'm not saying there aren't concerns with the program but seeing this as a sign of the apocalypse is a little over the top.

He was likely told he was behind Manning, Toure, Martin, Betts, Nixon, Brown, Falck and Liewer with three more guys that are closer to what they are looking for physically coming on board this summer. I hope Nance finds a good spot. This is one that is probably in the best interest of both Nance and the Huskers.

Still hurts when I hear Wan'dale is gone. He was a bright spot.

Maybe scandalous to say, but I kind of feel like WR taking off is a net-blessing in disguise.

I can't remember which game it was last season, but it felt really pathetic last season when we had WR running the ball in goal-line situations (and per ***, it sounds like WR felt the same way). If nothing else, all the 'stars' exiting the building forces us to use the best available combination of whatever we have at WR, TE and RB to make this season work. Did Frost become too reliant on certain players? Did he make explicit or implicit promises (touches?) that he felt he had to make good on? Either way – we had this one-dimensional offense that was using a 5'7" receiver as the ultimate crutch.

Either way, I feel like this season will be a good and proper test of Frost's skills as a motivator and strategist. Really curious to see how it goes.

Last edited:

I wish he was still here but the receiving corps, as a whole, will likely be much, much better.
Good 2 posts, wheat, and I agree. Like the OL, this staff has thrown the old WR mold out and has a new one: Going taller, bigger, more possession, maybe a tad less speed. But this is definitely the new "mold" the staff is using for what a WR will (not should) look like. Let's face reality and this is why I am not playing the part of Chicken Little: Our walk-on WR's HAVE beaten out a vast majority of our high 3*/4* recruited WR's from the 18 and 19 classes. Good or bad, right or wrong, good coaching or bad coaching, this is REALITY. So, as many on here say: "Next man up"!

Recruited by a different OC/WR coach and it's obvious there has been a change in philosophy at the receiver position in terms of moving away from smaller speed guys to getting more size. I'm not saying there aren't concerns with the program but seeing this as a sign of the apocalypse is a little over the top.

He was likely told he was behind Manning, Toure, Martin, Betts, Nixon, Brown, Falck and Liewer with three more guys that are closer to what they are looking for physically coming on board this summer. I hope Nance finds a good spot. This is one that is probably in the best interest of both Nance and the Huskers.
I was two posts early.

Maybe scandalous to say, but I kind of feel like WR taking off is a net-blessing in disguise.

I can't remember which game it was last season, but it felt really pathetic last season when we had WR running the ball in goal-line situations (and per SOO, it sounds like WR felt the same way). If nothing else, all the 'stars' exiting the building forces us to use the best available combination of whatever we have at WR, TE and RB to make this season work. Did Frost become too reliant on certain players? Did he make explicit or implicit promises (touches?) that he felt he had to make good on? Either way – we had this one-dimensional offense that was using a 5'7" receiver as the ultimate crutch.

Either way, I feel like this season will be a good and proper test of Frost's skills as a motivator and strategist. Really curious to see how it goes.
Agree. I think we abused him for our own purposes and he obliged as a team like person. We'll probably hear good things about him at his new home.

Any idea what the issue was with all these receivers, ***? Seems like WR should be one of the easier positions for kids with raw talent to get on the field ASAP.

Unless he got injured after Spring football concluded, he was fine throughout the Spring Game...unless I missed something, which may have happened but I haven't heard a word about him being injured.
I think Scott Frost presser mentioned Betts will not start in early fall season (injury)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back