• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel on Luke McCaffery

I'm interested to see what Sevion Morison can hopefully do if he's healthy in 2021. Dude didn't just break Spencer Tillman's rushing record (4,009 yards) at Edison HS in Tulsa, he crushed it by finishing with over 5,000 yards. He was a 4-star and ranked in the top 15 RBs by Rivals and 247.
Exactly! We have some options that should get people excited. Unfortunately if a kid doesn’t come in and dominate in year one this fanbase assumes he isn’t good.

This is the Shatel thread, right?
So, what did Shatel say?
Shatel said SF likely said used the future of the program to insure Luke would stay.

Now whether that was the motivations of SFs words or not is up for grabs, but I hadnt seen it mentioned in this, Shatel thread.
Simple great leaders do not tell people what they want to hear but instead provide a dose of reality mixed with vision for better tomorrow.

Frost shouldn't be confused with being a leader that his players want to follow. Exit stage right, Spielman, Robinson, Luke, etc.

Simple great leaders do not tell people what they want to hear but instead provide a dose of reality mixed with vision for better tomorrow.

Frost shouldn't be confused with being a leader that his players want to follow. Exit stage right, Spielman, Robinson, Luke, etc.

It seems like you have this all figured out.

I’m a little over a decade older than Frost and I can say the approach you’re talking about just isn’t something these kids are going to accept anymore.

They want what’s they want and for a lot of them, that’s all that matters.

Being a leader sometimes means having to ask the difficult things. Sometimes that’s letting go.

He’ll get this fall to make big strides in the right direction.

I hope he does, but it doesn't seem at all likely. We have the same coaches, worse personnel problems, a tougher schedule, and the same on-the-field issues that we've seen since this regime started (and which they haven't fixed despite the problems being obvious).

I hope he does, but it doesn't seem at all likely. We have the same coaches, worse personnel problems, a tougher schedule, and the same on-the-field issues that we've seen since this regime started (and which they haven't fixed despite the problems being obvious).

We’ll see this fall if he’s been on the right track or not.

I’m of the opinion that he’s made mistakes as have the players and they’ve combined to keep this team from playing winning football. We don’t even have to fix it all to win. Fixing it all and playing at our full talent potential takes this team up two or three rungs toward playing great football.

I’m a little over a decade older than Frost and I can say the approach you’re talking about just isn’t something these kids are going to accept anymore.

They want what’s they want and for a lot of them, that’s all that matters.

Being a leader sometimes means having to ask the difficult things. Sometimes that’s letting go.
I'm probably a bit older than you. And I here you that this generation has a different temperament as I have few in their mid 20's

What is lost in this conversation is the impact Frost's treatment of AM, Wondale and Luke have on the team.

If the team believes what Frost says about AM, Wondale, or Luke (future of team) then two of them leave, what is the message being heard by teammates?

I don't know what message is being received but what has not changed is individuals even young kids (delivery might be softer) want a vision to the future that they can grab onto. As it is difficult for me and others at this point to buy in to Frost's ability to right this ship, I think the same is true for quite a few players, some of which have chosen to pack their bags.

Remember when we were told we need to get old? In year 4 we’ll have an experienced QB and then almost nobody older than a RS Freshman or Sophomore. Furthermore, 2022 will likely be the same given the exodus that seems to happen on offense anymore.

I just can’t even comprehend having hope anymore. I honestly believe the next coach should be given much more leeway than frost because the situation (especially on offense) will be so much worse.

In year 4 we will have no RB experience and little to no WR experience (Betts and Brown). Yes we have a full RB room and a few WRs, but haven’t we had that the last 3 years too. Zero signs of development in those rooms. Eventually we’ll run them off (usually shortly after they start playing).

I'm probably a bit older than you. And I here you that this generation has a different temperament as I have few in their mid 20's

What is lost in this conversation is the impact Frost's treatment of AM, Wondale and Luke have on the team.

If the team believes what Frost says about AM, Wondale, or Luke (future of team) then two of them leave, what is the message being heard by teammates?

I don't know what message is being received but what has not changed is individuals even young kids (delivery might be softer) want a vision to the future that they can grab onto. As it is difficult for me and others at this point to buy in to Frost's ability to right this ship, I think the same is true for quite a few players, some of which have chosen to pack their bags.

I mean, I hear ya, but I think people could/should look at this as Frost saying what he thinks will motivate kids. Some kids may need him to reaffirm his beliefs to the world, whereas some are better served with quiet confidence and coaching. Some may need a boot up their bum to get motivated. Point is, I just think there's more to what he said than what's on the surface.

To 36's point, I get that it's a general point towards all the local media. But that doesn't mean that every article is needs to serve to ask tough questions. This article to me was a good article based solely on 1 player transferring and what that specific player transferring may mean. Now, a broader picture article on the state of the program? That is the one asking (hopefully) those troubling big picture questions.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back