• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Norris TE James Carnie's Big Day At Warren Camp (Hopes For NU Offer)

First time post but have watched the threads over the years. AF Academy liked James Carnie as a football player after evaluating him. But as some may know it's not just about being an athlete. Grades and SAT/ACT scores count but Carnie's grades in what would be core classes at Air Force did not stack up. Hopefully he garners a Nebraska offer as it certainly appears his work ethic and results warrant a chance as an in state kid. FYI - I graduated from Papillion HS what is now known as Papillion-LaVista HS.

Welcome

F-16 pilot?

Spent most of my career as an F-16 MX Officer

Welcome

F-16 pilot?

Spent most of my career as an F-16 MX Officer
Yes F-16 pilot but had to go through F-4 first because in my fiscal year an F-16 was not yet an option out of UPT. Last job I was the IG for NORAD, US Space Command and US Northern Command, then US Space Command left for Offutt. Exchange assignment with RAAF and attended Armed Forces Staff College (Joint PME), Army Command and General Staff College and Air War College.

Yes F-16 pilot but had to go through F-4 first because in my fiscal year an F-16 was not yet an option out of UPT. Last job I was the IG for NORAD, US Space Command and US Northern Command, then US Space Command left for Offutt. Exchange assignment with RAAF and attended Armed Forces Staff College (Joint PME), Army Command and General Staff College and Air War College.

Welcome to the board, sir.

Cool. My time on the line was all F-16. First commander job was at Elemendorf on the F'15 as CRS/CC and second command job was at Tyndall as AMXS / CC on the F/A 22. Did all the schools too and was the head MX Inspector on the ACC/IG among other jobs and finished as The Deputy F-16 Acquisition Section SPO at Hill

Like I said welcome aboard

Last edited:

Cool. My time on the line was all F-16. First commander job was at Elemendorf on the F'15 as CRS/CC and second command job was at Tyndall as AMXS / CC on the F/A 22. Did all the schools too and was the head MX Inspector on the ACC/IG among other jobs and finished as The Deputy F-16 Acquisition Section SPO at Hill

Reading all of this felt like I was taking an eye exam... o_O

Spent my sophomore year living on Tyndall. Attended Rutherford HS. Once ranked #5 in football. Played basketball on JV and we went 19-3. But I was a baseball player. We won Jr. Legion State Championship beating Kearney, Lincoln Southeast (Judds) and Westside. My locker partner pitched at NU and his son played CWS. Who was the ACC IG? My nephew from GI payed WR at USAFA. His father-in-law played football for NU from Central City I believe - Dave Liegl. My nephew's former girlfriend was Todd Peterson's sister. True story, former Big 8 freshman of the year Monte Anthony from Bellevue HS wanted the Academy but couldn't get pass the medical physical. Even after winning the award he still wanted the Academy by strenuous physical kept him out and we could have used him!

Last edited:
Spent my sophomore year living on Tyndall. Attended Rutherford HS. Once ranked #5 in football. Played basketball on JV and we went 19-3. But I was a baseball player. We won Jr. Legion State Championship beating Kearney, Lincoln Southeast (Judds) and Westside. My locker partner pitched at NU and his son played CWS. Who was the ACC IG? My nephew from GI payed WR at USAFA. His father-in-law played football for NU from Central City I believe - Dave Liegl. My nephew's former girlfriend was Todd Peterson's sister. True story, former Big 8 freshman of the year Monte Anthony from Bellevue HS wanted the Academy but couldn't get pass the medical physical. Even after winning the award he still wanted the Academy by strenuous physical kept him out and we could have used him!

Yeah my dad was a prior enlisted AF officer. In fact got a battlefield commission. Which I later found out was pretty rare. He was a great dad. Any success I had was because of the values he taught me.

Was born at Lackland and did not go back until OTS

ACC/iG was the Air Combat Command IG

Had a blast as a fighter guy. Tough environment but loved every minute of it.

Yeah my dad was a prior enlisted AF officer. In fact got a battlefield commission. Which I later found out was pretty rare. He was a great dad. Any success I had was because of the values he taught me.

Was born at Lackland and did not go back until OTS

ACC/iG was the Air Combat Command IG

Had a blast as a fighter guy. Tough environment but loved every minute of it.
Ok guys let’s bring it back on subject. :)

I have no knowledge if the times are legit, but the article says he has been working with a speed trainer. I don't think it is impossible to drop your time that much when you are that age. Running a forty is all about the start and using proper technique. If you are taught these things you can take 2-3 tenths alone off your 40 time if you use better technique vs really crappy tech. That's even before he got bigger and stronger and is probably doing the proper stretching which will help him get faster.

Somebody that already has decent 40 technique and is mature athletically isn't going to drop his time that much.

The article RR linked noted it was laser timed so the 4.6 sounds legit. Like I said, I put him as our #2 TE behind Fidone and would like to see em both N.

Based on combine and other results, you gotta wonder what the hold up is. Seems like there are a lot of guys that could fit our offense really well. Can anyone imagine a guy with that speed at OLB?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back