• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Norris TE James Carnie's Big Day At Warren Camp (Hopes For NU Offer)

Just to clarify, I am not down on Rollins, I just think we have a guy itching to be here with Carnies. If we could find a way to take Fidone, Rollins, and Carnies I would do it.

Yeah three TEs are not happening in this class. Agree on your take on Carnies in this thread.

Yeah three TEs are not happening in this class. Agree on your take on Carnies in this thread.
As long as Fidone is one of our TEs, I would be happy with either Rollins or Carnie as the second TE in the class. Could be an interesting decision for the staff if it comes down to that.

This is where I started second-guessing as stop watches and a string are not electronic:

It's probably safe to assume they didn't slip a pressure pad under the turf at the start, and the guy kneeling at the finish probably isn't holding a sensor. Nevermind the guys clicking the watches. Kid is not slow, but eyeballing that start I'm going with not 4.48.

The TE to DE option doesn't work so well in a 3-4, I suppose that could be an opening to taking all 3 otherwise.

With that speed he might be a heck of a DE. We could use a little push from the edge. Ok.... a lot of push from the edge.

If we could find a way to take Fidone, Rollins, and Carnies I would do it.

I was thinking a lot about whether this was feasible ...

Yeah three TEs are not happening in this class.

Why the blanket NO?

So, here is my take on our current class recruiting:

Currently have 14 Commits ... consensus seems that we'll get to at least 22 commits, maybe 25.

Distribution of commits are the following ... w/ my $0.02:

4 LB ... (+1 with the right player)
3 OL ... need one more that fill the interior, particularly a Center that has mentioned from NJ (say + 1)
2 WR ... I am expecting at least one or more (say + 2)
3 DB ... recent departures and current scholarships #s would expect a couple more (say +2)
1 RB
1 QB
DL ... expect they want a couple DL, especially start stacking some DT behind Hutmacher, Daniels et al (guess ... +3)

Tight End position currently has 1 scholarship senior and three more juniors ... so I could see possibility of taking three and red-shirting Carnie and Rollins while the current juniors play out there senior season.

Maybe some of the experts who are not from Shinola ;) have a better vision of the recruiting budget, but as I am looking at the #s, it seems like there is a 'small' chance for three TE's if the 2021 class is getting to 25 total.

GBR!

I was thinking a lot about whether this was feasible ...

Why the blanket NO?

So, here is my take on our current class recruiting:

Currently have 14 Commits ... consensus seems that we'll get to at least 22 commits, maybe 25.

Distribution of commits are the following ... w/ my $0.02:

4 LB ... (+1 with the right player)
3 OL ... need one more that fill the interior, particularly a Center that has mentioned from NJ (say + 1)
2 WR ... I am expecting at least one or more (say + 2)
3 DB ... recent departures and current scholarships #s would expect a couple more (say +2)
1 RB
1 QB
DL ... expect they want a couple DL, especially start stacking some DT behind Hutmacher, Daniels et al (guess ... +3)

Tight End position currently has 1 scholarship senior and three more juniors ... so I could see possibility of taking three and red-shirting Carnie and Rollins while the current juniors play out there senior season.

Maybe some of the experts who are not from Shinola ;) have a better vision of the recruiting budget, but as I am looking at the #s, it seems like there is a 'small' chance for three TE's if the 2021 class is getting to 25 total.

GBR!

In a small class you are not taking three TEs

There is always a chance if the stars align etc. :)

Based on the first 2 years of the Scott Frost era...there is a high probability the numbers in this class will increase between now and the final signing day.

It remains to be seen if it grows enough to take 3 tight ends. The most predictable element regarding college football recruiting is that it is unpredictable. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Based on the first 2 years of the Scott Frost era...there is a high probability the numbers in this class will increase between now and the final signing day.

It remains to be seen if it grows enough to take 3 tight ends. The most predictable element regarding college football recruiting is that it is unpredictable. :thumbsup:

20-21 is where it will end and that is with +3

Ya i'm not sure what everyone is getting recruited as. Fidone we know is an elite TE, but Rollins has been getting some run from recruiters as an OLB. It's so hard to project what a kid can do when making him go from offense to defense, or vice versa. But I think if they can massage the numbers a bit it's worth taking all 3.

What is interesting is by the time these guys are on campus, there literally will be nothing but seniors at the TE spot (Vokolek, Allen, and Rafdal), and nothing else. So if that is the case, I think you could make an argument for 3. But with that said, you gotta spread them out a bit more than that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back