• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Norris TE James Carnie's Big Day At Warren Camp (Hopes For NU Offer)

If the kid can really run a 4.6 he's the kind of kid you want. If the hands and route running are solid not sure how you don't offer the kid.

If the kid can really run a 4.6 he's the kind of kid you want. If the hands and route running are solid not sure how you don't offer the kid.

At his size, with that speed and athleticism, and his desire to play for the N, he could have hands of stone and you could find a place for him to contribute... future O lineman, DE, or OLB if he doesn’t make it as a TE.

Our Recruiting since the arrival of Frost & Co. has been much different than the past 10 years (IMO). It has been different in type and talent. What I have noticed is, other than schools with generally really good talent all the time, it takes about 3-5 years for a struggling school to effectively reap the rewards of a few good years of recruiting. Is this a fair assessment? This would put next year (yes, I know, always next year) as a breakout year. Regardless of when our breakout year is (assuming we finally have one) how long does the fire burn? Is it a Florida St or Northwestern fire (essentially one and done) or a Clemson fire (not necessarily that level but that duration)? Just curious of thoughts.

Question for both *** and N2FL: Is Carnie > Rollins a recent change of opinion, or did you think the same thing 1-2 months ago?
A lot can change with Rollins the next 12 months before he would actually get on a college campus.... but I think he needs to decide if he wants to be all in on football.

His recruitment reminds me a ton of Noah Fant. Back when we offered Fant, I told people we should not be recruiting him at DE at all, and that it would not work out well. He was a basketball guy that eventually ended up knowing he needed to do football, but he didn't love it enough to be a defender at the P5 level. But at TE, where there's a chance you get the ball, he would thrive.

For Rollins, I think I liked him because we are in the lead for Fidone and Rollins is a nice "high ceiling" guy that you take a risk on when you have a sure-fire recruit like Fidone on board. But I have to be honest, I had no clue about this other kid. Bleeds red, wants to be in Lincoln, and is a football player first? Speculating, but I think you wouldn't have to worry about effort if he's not able to unseat Fidone as starter and would relish his role.

Based on combine and other results, you gotta wonder what the hold up is. Seems like there are a lot of guys that could fit our offense really well. Can anyone imagine a guy with that speed at OLB?
I'm not conspiracy guy and Warren academy ran a great camp this past weekend, but there are some numbers coming out that give me a little pause.

I'm not conspiracy guy and Warren academy ran a great camp this past weekend, but there are some numbers coming out that give me a little pause.
I haven’t seen a list of the times, but to your point, Carnie’s are quite a jump. The only thing that has me wondering is Electronic timers are tough to cheat unless you let guys roll their start. I’d think if anyone had some video that would clear that up if it was a factor.

I haven’t seen a list of the times, but to your point, Carnie’s are quite a jump. The only thing that has me wondering is Electronic timers are tough to cheat unless you let guys roll their start. I’d think if anyone had some video that would clear that up if it was a factor.

Here is your video

This is where I started second-guessing as stop watches and a string are not electronic:

If the coaches can't find a place for this kid to play, we may need to rethink our staff. A Neb kid, with athleticism, some speed and the desire, can be made into a good football player. GBR

Yes F-16 pilot but had to go through F-4 first because in my fiscal year an F-16 was not yet an option out of UPT. Last job I was the IG for NORAD, US Space Command and US Northern Command, then US Space Command left for Offutt. Exchange assignment with RAAF and attended Armed Forces Staff College (Joint PME), Army Command and General Staff College and Air War College.
Welcome sir!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back