• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Norris TE James Carnie's Big Day At Warren Camp (Hopes For NU Offer)

He’ll land at a P5. I wish we could take them both. He’s the kind of kid you want at Nebraska.
Assuming/hoping/praying that we get Fidone, it could come down to Rollins and Carnie for the 2nd TE spot in the class. I don't think we take three TEs, and Rollins already has an NU offer.

I just hope the end result isn't that we put all our eggs in the Fidone bucket and then watch him go to LSU and Carnie go somewhere else. Has happened to us in the past when everyone (including the staff at the time) was 99% sure that Prospect A was all but N only to see him go to another school and then our fallback Prospect B goes to another school, too. If Carnie has the same physical dimensions as Fidone, is .03 faster in the 40, can catch as well as Fidone, and is only lacking in the "cut" on his routes department, you offer him, IMO.

EDIT: Or you make dang sure that he waits until the last possible moment to see if we have room for him or not. (This kid may be willing to do that as he is really a huge Nebraska fan).

Last edited:

Assuming/hoping/praying that we get Fidone, it could come down to Rollins and Carnie for the 2nd TE spot in the class. I don't think we take three TEs, and Rollins already has an NU offer.

I agree. We won’t take 3 TEs. The question that needs to be answered is that 40 time. If Carnie is truly a 4.6 guy, then he needs to be N over Rollins IMO. But these 40 times need to be verified by the staff. I find it hard to believe that anyone cuts their 40 time by half a second in 6 months. Either the January time or the July time is wrong, I believe. Anyone have any knowledge on these 40 times.

We should take all three of them.

And hope 2 out of the 3 become All Big 10 or even All-Americans!! :thumbsup:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I agree. We won’t take 3 TEs. The question that needs to be answered is that 40 time. If Carnie is truly a 4.6 guy, then he needs to be N over Rollins IMO. But these 40 times need to be verified by the staff. I find it hard to believe that anyone cuts their 40 time by half a second in 6 months. Either the January time or the July time is wrong, I believe. Anyone have any knowledge on these 40 times.

Are these guys legit in verifying?

• Verified Testing provided by Zybek Sports
    • 40 yard dash, Pro Agility and Vertical Jump

I don't think there's a drop off with AJ Rollins and James Carnie at all. If it were me, if and when Thomas Fidone commits, I tell Rollins to jump on board or I'm moving on to other guys (like Carnie).

Agree, from reading about Carnie, it looks like the kid is a real worker and wants to be at Nebraska. That is the type of kid Nebraska needs.

I find it hard to believe that anyone cuts their 40 time by half a second in 6 months. Either the January time or the July time is wrong, I believe. Anyone have any knowledge on these 40 times.

I have no knowledge if the times are legit, but the article says he has been working with a speed trainer. I don't think it is impossible to drop your time that much when you are that age. Running a forty is all about the start and using proper technique. If you are taught these things you can take 2-3 tenths alone off your 40 time if you use better technique vs really crappy tech. That's even before he got bigger and stronger and is probably doing the proper stretching which will help him get faster.

Somebody that already has decent 40 technique and is mature athletically isn't going to drop his time that much.

Agree, from reading about Carnie, it looks like the kid is a real worker and wants to be at Nebraska. That is the type of kid Nebraska needs.
Seems like you would want to figure out some other options ... some of the gray or blue shirt options. As long as we keep ending up with open scholarships in Spring or Summer then maybe an opportunity.

First time post but have watched the threads over the years. AF Academy liked James Carnie as a football player after evaluating him. But as some may know it's not just about being an athlete. Grades and SAT/ACT scores count but Carnie's grades in what would be core classes at Air Force did not stack up. Hopefully he garners a Nebraska offer as it certainly appears his work ethic and results warrant a chance as an in state kid. FYI - I graduated from Papillion HS what is now known as Papillion-LaVista HS.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back