• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Federation of Fellow Fly-Fishing Football Fanatics

Of course then I would have to move to montana or somewhere beautiful like that :Banana:
There's a hierarchy in where fly fishermen dream of fishing regularly. Montana is at the top of the list for trout fishing in the lower 48, but there are plenty of other phenomenal places to fish for trout in the lower 48. Alaska is at the top of the list for ANYWHERE in the U.S., but several places in Canada could/would challenge for best places to fish for trout in North America. Add in New Zealand, Chile, and Argentina for world-class fly fishing for trout, but I suspect that there are still more trophy world-class trout in Russia than anywhere else in the world that have yet to see a fly. The Kamchatka Peninsula is world-renown on the Pacific Coast. After all of that, there's still Mongolia and all parts of Russia that border it, which is home to the world's largest trout, the taimen.

Where do you live, @HuskerFaith? There isn't a state in the U.S. that doesn't offer good fly fishing of some sort or the other when you add in largemouth, smallmouth, and saltwater species.

There's a hierarchy in where fly fishermen dream of fishing regularly. Montana is at the top of the list for trout fishing in the lower 48, but there are plenty of other phenomenal places to fish for trout in the lower 48. Alaska is at the top of the list for ANYWHERE in the U.S., but several places in Canada could/would challenge for best places to fish for trout in North America. Add in New Zealand, Chile, and Argentina for world-class fly fishing for trout, but I suspect that there are still more trophy world-class trout in Russia than anywhere else in the world that have yet to see a fly. The Kamchatka Peninsula is world-renown on the Pacific Coast. After all of that, there's still Mongolia and all parts of Russia that border it, which is home to the world's largest trout, the taimen.

Where do you live, @HuskerFaith? There isn't a state in the U.S. that doesn't offer good fly fishing of some sort or the other when you add in largemouth, smallmouth, and saltwater species.
Ahhhhh....so many places that I want to fish and not enough time or money. My dream is the seychelles.

Omaha Nebraska

Callie the cutthroat slayer. Another great day on the water!
20200416_175612.jpg

This is here 3rd year fly fishing and is finally getting the hang of it. Last year she would bumble into a few fish but this year she is fishing with purpose. She caught 6 fish today, 3 additional long line releases and probably missed 15. If I have to do social distancing, I cannot think of a better way!

What river are you fishing?

Bitterroot River by Corvallis Montana. I know that I said it earlier in the the thread but this skwala hatch has been one for the ages!

Haven't fished the Bitterroot. Flathead, Gallatin, Madison, Missouri and Big Hole and loved them all for one reason or another.

I've only hit maybe three or four stonefly hatches right in the forty plus years I've been fly fishing, but they are awesome.

Closest thing I can compare it to is a Green Drake hatch I hit on the Roaring Fork in Colorado in the mid '80's. It was unreal.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back