• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No QB Controversy - Sipple article

If he is playing well, then I hope he stays in for the next 2 years. But I have a feeling at some point, we are going to see Luke take the reigns. Its hard to wrap our heads around it based on the praises SF put out there on AM after year one. I think LM is that good.
“You think he’s better than what we got?”

:Sarcastic:

So you are judging the season on the last play. Nice
Lmao no someone stated it was his injury’s that made him play bad and that he didn’t cost us any games. Case in point was the last game and his last play. A true leader doesn’t make mistakes like that. That mistake had nothing to do with injuries. If you want to win games like that one then your leader can’t make mistakes like that it’s the difference between winning and losing. Martinez lost that game for us. Now I hope year three is better but if he keeps making mental mistakes you have to go to option b.

Last edited:
well if there isnt...we can look forward to another 4-8 season

Hip Hip

So you are judging the season on the last play. Nice
I don't really agree with judging the entire season on one play, but that play was on par with how bad of a flop the season was.

Things will be better in 2020 offensively, this I do not doubt.

I don't really agree with judging the entire season on one play, but that play was on par with how bad of a flop the season was.

Things will be better in 2020 offensively, this I do not doubt.
What gives you hope other than...It's next year?

First game? Certainly, and I doubt there would be enough of a body of work to pull the cord on a 2 year starter. If the suggestion is Frost wouldn’t make a change if AM looks as bad as last year, I think some folks aren’t familiar with what a cut throat competitor our coach is. He’s obviously not jerking guys with every hiccup, but he’s not going to allow the season to crash to protect AM.
Agree it’s definitely AM’s job to lose and it should be but Frost won’t hesitate a game or two into the season to make a change if AM’s performance doesn’t improve.

What gives you hope other than...It's next year?
Well, just speaking offensively first of all. A couple things.
- Returning starters
- Deep and more experienced QB room
- 2 tall, big bodied WR coming in, one with experience beyond high school
- Injury bug will probably be less, at least that's my hope
- New OC and faith in Frost's offense
- Outside of the Maryland game, seems the ball always bounced the other teams way, I don't see that trend continuing
- Offense has nowhere to go but up after last year
- Rose colored glasses?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back