• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No QB Controversy - Sipple article

Blind eye says not. Hard for Frost to bench "his guy" with all the hype that went on concerning AM's "potential." Potential is for the newspapers and frosty mug conversations. Potential doesn't mean squat on the field.
I don’t see how Frost would benefit by taking this approach. Especially when all of the qbs on the roster were recruited by him. What does he have to gain by sticking to his original starter? He isn’t taking this approach with his coaching staff, so why would it be different with his players?

I don’t see how Frost would benefit by taking this approach. Especially when all of the qbs on the roster were recruited by him. What does he have to gain by sticking to his original starter? He isn’t taking this approach with his coaching staff, so why would it be different with his players?
I wonder the same thing.

Thoughts? Personally, I think there is a QB Controversy. Luke McCaffrey made a major impression on me last year and I think he deserves a legit shot at the starting position. While I know Martinez was slightly injured, LM has intangibles that AM does not. I'll cheer for either one of them, but this is definitely not a done deal.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...49e162f6-23bc-53fa-bd27-28b5886a729d.amp.html
I wouldn’t read sipple if he published the cure for cancer.

As long as Adrian is on campus and healthy enough to play, the starting job is his. The only competition that exists is for the #2 role.
If he is playing well, then I hope he stays in for the next 2 years. But I have a feeling at some point, we are going to see Luke take the reigns. Its hard to wrap our heads around it based on the praises SF put out there on AM after year one. I think LM is that good.

Interesting to me that everyone is beating the drum of Adrian being hurt last year and that was the reason for the poor play. News flash, having a slight injury (it couldn’t have been that major) has nothing to do with how you make reads and decisiveness. I like Adrian as a person, but saying Luke shouldn’t get the job over him If things continue as they did last year is just plain being obtuse.

And therein lies the problem
I think there will be open competition once the Purdue game starts in the fall. But it will be AM vs himself. If he doesn't produce then it's McCaffrey or Smothers time. Until then, we will get such things as "every position people are battling for a starting job" and other speak like that. Our staff is going to do everything this offseason to get back confident AM that showed up before and during the 2018 season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back