• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

High 3 star WR William Nixon Will Announce Monday 8 July; Huskers Appear To Be School To Beat

I hope you’re right but I have a feeling Watts will honor his commitment to ND. Again, hope I’m wrong but it feels like that to me. JMO
Agreed. I get the sense that Watts is solid to ND. I would be very (pleasantly) surprised if he de-commits. I doubt he will even take an OV to Nebraska, but time will tell.

Watts v Nixon: (sounds like a good supreme court case)

TL : DR Both look good and having them both sign would be better. Exact position projection and roster management might influence me if was making a head to head choice.

Nixon: Coaches kid. Waco Tx. 5'11 185 .8738 composite 4.52 40 time
Jr. Season stats: 25 carries for 400 yards 5 TDs. 40 catches for 500yrds

Watts: Omaha 6'1" 185 .8777 composite 4.49s 40 time
Jr. Season stats: 1093 yrds 15 tds. 58 tackles and 5 INT

Hudl: Nixon

Hudl: Watts

Disclaimer: I rarely watch highlights as I don't claim to be a talent evaluator.

I can't tell them apart as far as projection to the next level.

Watts: Pros - Better size. Closer to home. Blocked at least a couple of times. Played D, though didn't look to bring the wood in the few D highlights.
Cons: Highlights consisted of essentially all big plays. My guess, lesser competition and maybe a less talented QB for the comparison.

Nixon:
Pros: Assumed better competition. Played RB in some highlights, Received more contact, will go over middle, not afraid to get hit. Less big plays and showed better technically at WR position (more varied routes IMO)
Cons: Smaller. Did get caught from behind 1 or twice, which isn't a big deal, given longer run and again, my assumption of better competition.

Distance is often a factor and with the Nixon's dad being a coach and the kid is used to traveling then the idea of him deciding to go to Lincoln doesn't bother me at all and think will stick with commitment once made. From a roster management perspective, I like Watts do to his size as I don't think we have any trouble recruiting and already have a glut of slot type guys.

So, @N2FL and others.... I've started the Pros/cons list.

Last edited:
Anyway Watts has his own thread :)

We should have a commit in led than 4 hours from Will Nixon

Yeah he goes by Will

Last edited:

for some reason this young man reminds me of Burkhead. just pure football player. cant really deduce much from highlights, need a composite of each players lowlites also.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back