• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR Xavier Watts Commits To Notre Dame

just not a good argument.

Lol. I agree, i'd give the nod to Nebraska because of that stretch they had from '93-97 when they were 60-3 and actually were a missed FG (that was very makeable) and a ballsy 4th down from probably winning 5-straight NC's. As it were, they got 3 compared to Florida State's 2.

But to their credit, FSU had more wins (109 vs 108), a better win % (.890 vs .868), a better bowl record (8-2 vs 5-5) and beat the Huskers both times they played head-to-head 27-14 (1992 season Orange Bowl), 18-16 (1993 season Orange Bowl/NCG).

Lol. I agree, i'd give the nod to Nebraska because of that stretch they had from '93-97 when they were 60-3 and actually were a missed FG (that was very makeable) and a ballsy 4th down from probably winning 5-straight NC's. As it were, they got 3 compared to Florida State's 2.

But to their credit, FSU had more wins (109 vs 108), a better win % (.890 vs .868), a better bowl record (8-2 vs 5-5) and beat the Huskers both times they played head-to-head 27-14 (1992 season Orange Bowl), 18-16 (1993 season Orange Bowl/NCG).

Who are you? Sooner24 or Cardinal?

So sorta a 1A and 1B.

This is how I see it.

1A. Huskers
1B. Nebraska

FSU? don't care!!!!

And even though us Husker fans have a legitimate gripe about 93 and 99 if that fumble doesn't happen against Texas, FSU has 2 more titles if they had a decent FG kicker in 91 and 92, and probably another one if they didn't have to play a rematch against Florida in 96 after Spurrier had complained about late hits on Wuerffel.

Either way, they are as close as can be. Does anyone think FSU's consistent dominance will be replicated again? Finished in the AP top four for I believe 14 consecutive seasons, it's just mindboggling to think about.

while the past is important all major college giants stumble and fall at some point in time. The question is how do they respond and do they ever fully recover. See Oklahoma and others besides Ne.

while the past is important all major college giants stumble and fall at some point in time. The question is how do they respond and do they ever fully recover. See Oklahoma and others besides Ne.
So you're saying that I shouldn't be holding my breath while waiting for the return to dominance of Yale and the University of Chicago? Man, I wish somebody had told me that earlier.

So let me get this straight....

Xavier Watts is the great in-state receiver that we wont get because he is likely going to Notre Dame or elsewhere.

and,

Zavier Betts is the great in-state receiver that we wont get because grades are a major issue.

Correct? I keep getting these two confused. ;)

So let me get this straight....

Xavier Watts is the great in-state receiver that we wont get because he is likely going to Notre Dame or elsewhere.

and,

Zavier Betts is the great in-state receiver that we wont get because grades are a major issue.

Correct? I keep getting these two confused. ;)
Watts are you talking about? When it comes to recruiting, all Betts are off.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back